Life goes on even when you wish it wouldn't

Hermione, Sirius, and James all sat in her bedroom going through her things.   The Potter parents didn't share a room, it was improper.  The kids were going through her things because Charles Potter couldn't bring himself to do it.   

        Summer was coming to an end, children were getting ready for school, except for the Potter kids.  The school was the last thing on their minds.  "Look,"   Hermione said handing James a small necklace.  

        "What is it?"  He asked taking it small golden chain, The charm was a little gold heart.  

       Without saying a word Hermione handed him a photo.  "Oh."  He said.  The photo was a picture of their mum with a newborn James, on her neck was the golden heart.  "Can I keep it?"  He asked.  

      "Sure."   She said gloomily.  "Here Sirius you can have this."  She said handing his a silver ring.  "It not much-"

        "It's perfect."  He cut her off with a small smile.  "Perfect."  

       Hermione took a bracelet that had her mother's initials on it.  

     "I don't want to go to school,"  Hermione said to her dad, laying on the bed next to him.  "I miss her."  

     "You have to go to school honey."   He said gripping her hand.  "Life must go on."  

      "I don't want it to go on though." 

       "She would want you to move on."

       "Then why don't you?"  She snapped back at him.  "You've been laying around crying and mourning, why can't we?"

       "I'm trying.  Truly I am."  He said with a sigh, "You can mourn, I want you to mourn."  

     "I want my mum."  She said baring her face in his chest.

      "I know.  Honey I know."  

     "I love you."

      "I love you, my sweat Hermione."