Hogsmeade 1976

Hermione ran her fingers through Lily's long auburn hair, "What do you want?"   She asked picking up a comb and scrunchie.   

        "Just a braid or ponytail, I don't really care,"   Lily said rubbing her eyes.   Hermione combed the crown of her hair up in a half pony, before picking up her wand to curl the hair in light waves.     "Thank you, Herms.   Do you want me to do yours?"   Lily asked getting up off the floor.   

        "Sure,"   Hermione said switching spots with the redhead.    Lily combed through Hermione's curls, struggling a bit as the comb broke a few times.   Finally after struggling for a bit Hermione's hair was placed in a low ponytail.   "Shit,"  Hermione said hopping up.   

        "What?"   Lily asked, looking a little startled.  

        "I have to meet Regulus."   She said rushing out of the room.   

       "Regulus?"   Lily whispered.   She didn't like that boy one bit, but if Hermione trusted him, so did Lily, she trusted Hermione's intellect.   

          "Sorry."  Hermione panted, trying to catch her breath.   "Lily was holding me up."   

         "Its alright mon amour."   Regulus said wrapping her arm through his.

         "What?"   She asked giving him a weird look.   

       "Nothing."   He said smiling to himself.   "Where too first?"   

       "Where do you want to go?"   She asked, looking up at him.  

       "Book shop?"   

       "Book shop."   

      Hermione and Regulus walked down to the carriages.   Hermione cursed under her breath, the bottom of her bell-bottom jeans got wet in the rain.    Regulus offered his hand to his best friend, she took it allowing him to help her up.   He followed after her, "Hermione."  He breathed out.  

      "Yes?"   She asked, turning her head to face him.   

       "Um, what are you doing this s-summer?"   He asked her, his voice cracking on summer.   

      "Nothing.   We never do anything."    

       "Do you think we can hang out sometime?"   He asked, searching her face.  

       "Um, we'll see."   She said giving him a beautiful smile.  A smile that reminded him of those actresses you see in muggle magazines.     A smile that made him heartburn.     He gave the witch a large smile, they sat in silence looking out the windows at the rainy sky.   

      When the carriage stopped he got out and helped her out.   "Are you ready?"   He asked, keeping his large hand in hers.    

         "Always."   She said, her voice full of excitement, shes always loved going to Hogsmeade.   "To the book store."   She said marching forward, causing Regulus to stumble a bit.   

        Hermione walked through the store stopping every once in a while to ask each other about a book.   "Do you like this?"  Hermione asked picking up a book called,  'Dark magic, Horcruxes, and more.'    Regulus opened the book scanning the pages.

       "I'ma buy it for you."   He said tucking it under his arm.   

        "Why?"   Hermione asked.