Chapter 65

‘I hate my life’ I mumbled, looking at my bright red shoulders.
I never should’ve thought about not having had a sunburn so far, because of course, that’s what I got.
Luke grinned and tapped my shoulder, a white circle staying on my skin for a few seconds before it turned red again.
‘You’ll be fine’ he said, kissing the top of my head.
‘Just wear a t-shirt tomorrow so your shoulders are covered and it won’t get worse’ he continued as he wrapped his arms around waist.
It was around 10pm and we were sitting around a fire pit together with a bunch of other people.
No one really paid attention to what happened around them, which was kind of nice.
I was sitting in between Luke’s legs, my head resting against his shoulder.
‘I don’t think I have one that’s still clean’
Luke grinned and wrapped his arms a little tighter around my waist.
He was sitting against a log so that we were both comfortable.
‘You can wear one of mine if you want’
I smiled ‘Won’t that look weird? I’m pretty sure I’ll drown in your clothes’
‘I have one that’s actually to small on me, you can have that one’
I nodded, no longer in the mood to talk.
We were both staring at the fire that was happily dancing in front of us.
Luke unconsciously played with my fingers and I felt his chest go up and down every time he took a breath.
‘I have a question’ Luke softly said after a few minutes.
I nodded as a sign for him to ask what he wanted to.
‘Do you…like…eh…do you have any idea what you’re going to do when our road trip ends?’ he asked.
‘Like, do I have to take you back to Auckland or do you want  to come with me to Australia? Or do you want to go somewhere else?’
I furrowed my eyebrows, not sure how to answer that.
I hadn’t really thought about that yet, did he want me to go with him? Or is he counting down the days until he can get rid of me?
‘I haven’t really thought about that yet, why?’ I said, watching as Luke intertwined our fingers and let our hands rest on my stomach.
‘I don’t know, I was just wondering. You have to make your own decision but I would really like it if you could come to Australia with me’
‘You do?’ I asked.
‘Yes, honestly I think I might cry if you make me drop you of somewhere else because I don’t really want to’
‘Aw, please don’t. I don’t know what I want to do but I’ll definitely consider all my options’ I said, pressing a small kiss against Luke’s hand.
‘Alright, you still have a couple weeks left to think about it so take your time’ Luke said, letting go of my waist with his left hand and taking his phone out of his pocket.
‘I need us to take a selfie’ he said, changing the subject completely.
‘Why?’ I laughed, looking up at him.
‘Because I want to post a picture on Twitter’ he answered, opening his camera.
‘But it’s dark, you can barely see anything’
‘Let’s just try’ he said, leaning forward and trying to find the best way to get our faces visible.
He moved his phone around for 5 minutes, not finding enough light.
‘Alright I’ll just take a picture of our legs and the fire pit then’ he finally said.
I laughed and watched as he took a picture and tweeted it with the caption: “need to take a shit”
‘Why do you even put these pictures on twitter?’ I asked.
‘For the fans. To let them know I’m still alive and enjoying myself’ he said.
‘And that you are in need of a shit’
‘That too’ Luke laughed, putting his phone away.
‘I didn’t tweet anything at the beginning of our road trip but than people saw me walking around with you and they all thought I was replacing them with you’
I frowned ‘Please tell me they’re wrong’
‘Of course they are, I love you, but I also love my band and our fans. I just had to find a way to share my love with everyone’ 
‘And did it work?’ I asked, smiling widely.
‘I mean, there’s this girl right across from us right now and I caught her freaking out to, what I think is her sister earlier today when we walked past them, but she didn’t come up to us yet. If I had failed in sharing my love I’m pretty sure she would’ve asked me about it by now’

---------
A/N: 
So...Livy is going to the south Island really soon and when they're finished with that, the story will end...I'm already getting a little sad just thinking about that because the south island will probably go a little faster than the north island. 
So I started thinking about making a sequel and a friend of mine came up with this really cool idea (for the sequel)
But i need to know who would read it IF I would actually make the sequel? 
It's still pretty early to think about that and I'll probably ask again sometime in the future but I was just curious who would read it :)