Chapter 9

4 days had passed since I met Luke. We had been to the zoo and dolphin spotting together and the other 2 days were spent doing some shopping, both for clothes and for food and today we was spent doing nothing but watching movies and eat junk food.
‘So, do you already have an idea where you’re going to go to? Or are you staying here?’ Luke asked me when the end credits of the movie showed up.
‘I don’t know yet. I do want to leave I just don’t know where to go’
Luke nodded, staring at the end credits.
‘do you want something to drink?’ Luke asked, snapping out of his thoughts.
‘No, I’m good. Do you want something?’ He pointed at his glass that was still half full.
‘I’m good too’ he smiled.
‘Right,’ I smiled back. ‘so where are you going next? You are leaving today right?’
‘I was thinking about it, yes, but I booked my hotel for another night. It’s not much fun to drive alone in the dark. So I’m leaving tomorrow instead.’
I nodded. ‘Where are you going to go to?’
‘I’m going all the way to the top of the island, and then I’m going to make my way down.’ He explained.
‘But I don’t really have a destination yet’
‘It sounds really good’ I said after a few minutes of silence.
I imagined just driving somewhere, not really knowing where I was going to end, but still having fun doing it.  
‘I think I’m going to make a road trip once too. It really does sound good’
‘It does, doesn’t it?’ Luke replied.
We were interrupted by his phone ringing.         
Luke grabbed it from the table he dropped it on earlier and hung it up.
That reminded me of a few days ago.
‘Who were you calling with a few days ago?’ I asked.
He told me he’d explain, but he never did.
He looked at me confused, before he remembered the conversation he had back then.
‘One of my friends was calling. They wanted to come with me, but I told them I wanted to go alone. I told you to be quiet because it would be kind of weird if I told them I met you and that I spent the last 4 days here, in your house.’ he explained.
‘Is that also who you just hung up on?’ I asked.
‘Yes, I’ll call him back later. He’s just checking up on me’
His phone rang again and I could see a name pop up on the screen: “Michelangelo” it said.
I smiled. ‘He’s calling again’ I said when Luke didn’t seem to notice the buzzing of his phone.
He looked at it and hung up. Seconds later he rang again.
‘Just answer it Luke, I don’t think Michelangelo is going to give up’ Luke laughed and did as I said.
‘What’s up Mikey?’ He said as he touched a button on his phone so I could hear “Mikey” talk too.
‘What are you doing man?’ he asked curiously.
‘Nothing, why?’ Luke answered, looking up at me before focussing back on the phone.
‘Well, you hung up on me twice before you answered. Obviously you’re doing something. Besides, you can’t lie to me. Is there a girl with you? Where are you even?’
Luke looked at me again. He looked at me for help, but I had no idea how to help him out of this.
‘I’m not doing anything Michael’
‘You’re avoiding my questions’
‘No, I’m not’
‘Yes, you are’
Luke sighed.
‘Okay, so maybe there is a girl sitting here. It’s not what you think. Please don’t tell Ash, he was pretty upset about not coming with me’
‘It’s never what we think is it Luke?’ You could practically hear his smile through the phone.
‘It really isn’t’
‘What’s her name?’
‘Ivy’ Luke answered suspiciously.
‘Last name?’
Luke looked at me, he didn’t know my last name.
I smiled and softly whispered my name in his ear.
‘Davis’ Luke then replied to the phone.
‘she had to tell you that didn’t she?’
‘No’
‘Of course not Luke. How old was she again?’
’19. But you can try to look her up on Facebook and Twitter and everything else, but I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have any of those things’ Luke said, suddenly understanding why he needed all this information.
‘Of course she does. Everyone has something’
Luke looked at me, asking me if I had anything internet related without actually saying it.
I shook my head.
‘She doesn’t, but you go ahead and keep looking if you don’t believe me. I’m going. Bye Mikey’
‘Bye Lukey!’ Michael yelled as an excited 6 year old. ‘Have fun!’
Luke hung up and looked at me.
‘Sorry about that’ he said.
I shook my head. ‘Don’t worry about that. He sounded very sweet’
‘He is, that’s pretty much the only reason I can’t lie to him’
I smiled.
‘Are we going to watch another movie?’ I asked.
‘Yes, of course. you go pick something. I’m going to find a toilet somewhere’ He stood up and stretched out for a second.
‘It’s in the hallway, under the stairs’ I said as I stood up and walked to the DVD’s we had.
‘Please don’t make me watch Cinderella.’ Luke said from down the hall.
I laughed and looked at the DVD I had in my hands. Putting Cinderella back.
‘Bambi then?’ I asked. ‘Or, would you rather see the Lion King? Ow, we might also have Tangled somewhere, I loved that movie.’