Chapter 29

It was around 4:00PM when we arrived in Piha and had dropped our stuff in a hotel.
‘I need to pee, I need to pee, I need to pee’ Luke said while jumping through the room.
He threw the bag on the couch and started randomly opening doors until he found a toilet.
I laughed and dropped myself on the couch.
‘So what are we going to do for the rest of the day?’ I asked.
‘I don’t know, what do you want to do?’ he answered.
I grinned ‘If I would’ve known something I would have said that instead of just asking you’
I heard the toilet flush and Luke walked out, sighing in relief.
‘We can just go into town and see if there’s anything to do?’ he said.
I nodded and stood up. Luke grabbed his phone out of his pocket for a second and then put it back without doing anything with it.
I looked at him questionably but he just shook it off.
‘One of my friends is calling me again but I’ll call him back somewhere tonight’ he said, smiling at me.
‘Alright, let’s go then’
We walked out of the hotel and within 5 minutes the streets were filled with people and shops everywhere you looked.
‘Maybe we should get me a phone tomorrow’ I said.
Luke smiled and looked at me, I was walking a little behind him because the sidewalks were not big enough for 3 people to walk beside each other.
‘Maybe we should’ he answered. ‘And then I’ll make you download a shit ton of stuff on it so you won’t get bored and fall asleep when we’re driving’
I laughed and looked at my feet.
‘I’m not bored when we’re driving, I just need a lot of sleep. I mean you can’t blame me, it’s all I’ve  done for 18 years.’
Someone bumped into me which made me walk directly behind him.
Luke looked beside him to answer me but the smile on his face faded when he didn’t see me standing there anymore.
I smiled at his reaction and linked my arm with his.
Luke turned around and smiled back at me.
‘I bet half the time when we’re driving you do get bored and decide it’s a very good idea to just go to sleep’ he said.
I shook my head and laughed.
‘Why would I do that? If I could’ve done without any sleep, trust me, I would not have slept ever since I met you’
‘Alright, alright’ Luke gave in. ‘whatever you want’
He got his hand out of his pocket, which made my arm slide back to the side of my body.
I was a little disappointed but quickly pushed it away.
Why would I be disappointed with that? It’s not like it really meant anything to me…right?
Luke looked at his phone and put it back in his pocket.
‘Maybe you should answer that’ I said. ‘it could be important’
‘No, if it really would’ve been important they would’ve stalked me with messages and calls. It can wait’ he answered.
I just nodded and let it go.
‘I’m hungry. Can we go look for a place to eat?’ He changed the subject while casually grabbing my hand.
‘Yeah sure’ I answered, trying to fight back the annoying blush on my cheeks.
I really had to stop doing that.
We walked around for a bit longer and eventually picked out a little restaurant.
We sat down and both looked at our menu’s before ordering what we wanted and handing the waitress our menu’s back.
‘So how do you like it outside of your house so far?’ Luke asked, taking a sip of his coke.
I smiled ‘It’s so much better. You have no idea how long I’ve been trying to get out of that place’
‘I’m taking it that was very long’
‘Yes, I think I was around 6 when I first asked my parents if I could go outside.’
Luke nodded ‘Well what’s your favourite place so far?’
I bit the inside of my cheek and thought about his question.
I didn’t really have a place I liked the best yet. I liked all of them, I already liked Piha too, even though we didn’t do anything yet.
‘I don’t know, I liked all of them,’ I answered. ‘What’s yours?’