Chapter 76

A/N:
42k?! WHAT EVEN IS LIFE?!
----
'Wake up sleepyhead' Luke whispered. His hand was resting on my shoulder.

I groaned and hid my face under the blankets.

Luke grinned.

'Come on, you can continue sleeping in the car alright? All our stuff is packed already so all you have to do is get out of bed'

I opened my eyes and looked up at Luke.

He had a smile on his face as usual, but the first thing I noticed was how tired he looked.

'What time is it?' I asked.

'10:30, so it's time to get up and get our asses to Christchurch' he said.

I smiled.

'How did you sleep?'

Luke looked at me 'I slept perfectly fine alright? Come on'

I sighed and sat up straight, stretching out before getting out of bed and taking my clothes out of the bag.

'We'll get breakfast when we're on our way' Luke announced.

I nodded, even though he couldn't see it.

I quickly changed in the bathroom and splashed some water in my face to try and wake myself up.

Once I was done and I put my pyjama's in the bag.

We left the hotel and quickly got in the car.

Before we drove onto the highway, we decided to get ourselves a very balanced and healthy breakfast which consisted out of donuts, some sandwiches, brownies, and smoothies to actually make it look like we were being a little healthy.

'I don't know where to start' I said, looking at all the food that was placed in a bag by my feet.

'What do you want?' I asked.

'I want a brownie first' Luke said.

I took one of the brownies and unwrapped it before handing it to Luke.

I decided to begin with one of the bacon and egg sandwiches.

We were quiet for a while, both enjoying our breakfast and the view we had.

Even after all those weeks, it felt so good to be out of the house I had been in for so long.

To be able to see the country was crazy to me.

I always thought, if I'd ever get the chance to go outside I was going to stay close to the house, maybe just walk around our neighbourhood for a bit, but instead here I was, in a car on the other side of the country.

It made me think about what Luke had said a few days ago.

From the way he asked me if I wanted to come to Australia with him, I was pretty sure that that was one of the things he really wanted.

He really hoped I was going to come to Australia with him but I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do.

I wasn't sure if I could get out of the country that easily.

Could I leave everything behind?

I could when I said yes to this road trip, but that was only because I told myself I'd come back.

Can I leave it behind completely?

What was even going to happen to the house?

I sighed, shaking off the thoughts and looking at Luke who was struggling to eat the last bits of the brownie without everything falling in his lap.

I grinned taking the last bite of my sandwich.

'Do you need help?' I asked.

His brownie was completely falling apart in his hands, meaning he couldn't eat it anymore without getting both his hand off of the steering wheel.

Luke looked at me and nodded.

I held my hands up so that he could drop the brownie in my hands and eat it like that.

'I suck at eating these things' Luke said, smiling widely as he took some of the bigger chunks out of my hands and stuffed them in his mouth.

'Yeah I could see that' I said, shoving what was left of the brownie on one hand so that I could eat it as well.

'Hey, that's my brownie' Luke pouted, taking my hand and licking of the crumbs that were left.

I laughed, trying to pull my hand back. 'Luke!' I said. 'That's gross'

Luke smiled and let go of my hand.

'Well you ate my brownie' he pouted.

'No I didn't' I laughed, looking through the back for a napkin.

'I just took some crumbs'