Chapter 68

‘What do you even do in that band?’ I asked as we drove onto the highway again.
‘Oh, you know. Just typical band things. We take pictures with rainbows and walk around naked whenever we can’ Luke said.
I laughed and looked at him.
‘Did you really take a picture with a rainbow?’ I asked.
Luke nodded and pulled his phone out of his pocket.
He scrolled through his pictures while also keeping an eye on the road and eventually gave the phone to me.
I looked at the picture and grinned.
‘You guys are so weird.’
Luke nodded and smiled sweetly.
‘We are. But being weird is a good thing. It’s what keeps our fans entertained when we’re not doing shows’
‘I bet it does’ I smiled ‘but seriously, what do you do? I feel like I don’t really know anything about it’
Luke placed his hand on my knee and I instantly placed my hand on top of his.
‘That’s because you don’t,’ he said, smiling at me again ‘but I sing and play guitar, Michael basically does the same, Calum is our bass player and he also sings and Ashton is our drummer.’
‘He doesn’t sing?’ I asked.
‘Yeah a few lines here and there but he’s mostly drumming’
I nodded, looking at him.
His hair was slowly starting to grow longer, meaning his quiff was growing higher and as I looked at it, I had this sudden urge to mess it up, just because I knew it took him 15 minutes this morning to get it like it is now.
I didn’t though, because he was driving and I didn’t really feel like getting in an accident.
‘Do you really sing though?’ I asked, distracting myself from Luke’s hair.
‘Yes, why?’ he smiled, looking at me shortly.
‘Because I heard you in the shower yesterday and it didn’t really sound very good’ I grinned.
Luke laughed ‘That’s because I wasn’t really trying to get it to sound good. Besides, I was singing along to my own voice’ he said.
‘You were?’
Luke nodded and just when he was about to say something else, his phone rang in my hand.
He looked at it for a second and told me to pick it up.
As soon as I did, my ears instantly filled with Ashton’s giggle.
I put the phone on speaker and decided to let Luke do the talking.
‘Ashton!’ he yelled, getting his friends’ attention.
‘Lucas!’ he yelled back.
Luke groaned and looked at me as I tried to keep in my laughter.
‘Oh, I’m on speaker, aren’t I? ’
‘Yes,’ Luke mumbled ‘You really have to stop calling me that’ he pouted.
‘No’ Ashton giggled.
‘But now that you’re calling, can you tell Ivy that I can actually sing because she doesn’t believe me’ Luke said, quickly changing the subject.
Ashton laughed.
‘Dude, we suck.’ Ashton said ‘the only reason we made it this far is because we’re funny and because Michael keeps changing his hair colour.’
I laughed and looked at Luke whose smile was as bright as the sun behind us.
‘He changed it again?’ he asked.
‘Yes man, he has some blue in it now. It looks pretty cool’ Calum said.
‘THAT’S BECAUSE I AM COOL!’ Michael yelled from the background.
‘Yeah you are, 5 minutes ago you were wearing diapers on your head and around your arms and you kept yelling: “I AM DIAPER MAN! I CAN HANDLE ALL THE SHIT YOU THROW AT ME”, I’m pretty sure that’s the definition of cool’ Calum said. 

------
A/N: 
I had something to say but I forgot...(fuck you brain -.-)