Chapter 75

A/N: THIS STORY REACHED 40K READS WHAT EVEN IS LIFE?!
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE IN THE END. PLEASE READ!

----

The next day, after driving for another 3 hours and spending another hour figuring out what to do in Greymouth, we decided to go rafting, in a cave that was called the Dragon cave.

I was nervous, to say the least, because rafting meant that there was water involved and this time, I didn't have Luke to hold my hand.

'You are going to be perfectly fine' Luke softly said as we listened to the instructions that were given.

I was tightly gripping Luke's hand and I was growing really nervous.

There was a group of 6 people, including us, and we would all go in at the same time.

We were already wearing wetsuits and one of the workers was explaining how this was all going to go and what the rules were.

Once he was done, we all got our own raft, which was basically one of those inflatable, donut shaped things you can also buy in stores.

Somehow, we both got in the water and on the rafts safely and we drifted off.

In the beginning, we were going pretty slow, since the water wasn't very wild.

In fact the water was so calm that it was easy for Luke to try and make his way to me.

He took my hand and smiled.

'I'm actually really enjoying this' I said, looking at him before focussing back on our surroundings.

'Good, the water is probably not going to stay this calm though,' Luke said.

'Not to scare you or anything, it's just a warning'

I smiled and nodded 'I know, but for some reason I'm really all that scared anymore now'

Luke smiled at me and nodded.

After that we were quiet for a while and by the time we actually entered the cave, both of us were soaked because the water turned out to be pretty wild after all.

The cave itself was beautiful as far as we could see anything.

We had to wear a helmet for safety reasons and the helmet included a little flashlight, but we both didn't feel like turning them on.

By the time we got deeper inside the cave and there was no more light from outside, the walls slowly started lightning up.

It started with just a few dots here and there, but more showed up the longer we waited.

'Glowworms' I whispered, squeezing Luke's hand. After the water had gone a little calmer again, he had made his way back to me so we could go through the cave together.

Luke softly squeezed my hand back, giving me a sign that he heard me and I knew we were both thinking about the same thing.

That time when he kissed me in the glowworm cave, it feels so long ago while in reality, it was only just a few weeks.

I smiled, lifting Luke's hand up and pressing a kiss against it.

We slowly moved further and after the glowworms had disappeared again, we decided to turn on our flashlights.

Not long after that, we got back to where we started and got back on the land.

It was starting to get dark already, which wasn't very weird because we left pretty late.

We went to the changing rooms and quickly changed back in our normal clothes.

After we brought back the wetsuits and helmets and Luke had taken a picture with the workers, we went back to the car.

My body shaking from the cold.

Luke smiled at me as he opened the trunk.

'What are you doing?' I asked, trying to stop my lips from quivering.

He looked through his suitcase for a while, picking out one sweater and continuing afterwards.

'I thought I had a clean sweater somewhere but I guess I don't'

'Well you can just wear the one you got out of your suitcase right?' I said.

Luke stopped looking through his suitcase and turned around. He wrapped one arm around my waist to pull me closer and with his other hand he lifted my head up, quickly pressing a kiss against my lips.

'I wasn't looking for myself' he said, pulling me in a hug. 'Oh' I grinned, resting my head against his shoulder. 'Well maybe I have something in my own suitcase'

I let go of Luke and opened my suitcase.

'We both know you don't have any sweaters in there' Luke said, looking through his own suitcase again.

I knew he was right, I didn't bring my sweaters with me because I thought I didn't need them.

But I did find a sweater.

Technically it wasn't mine, but I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind if I wore his sweater. 'I've got one' I said, quickly pulling it on. It didn't smell like my dad anymore, it smelled just the same as all my other clothes, which I was kind of happy about but at the same time it made me a little sad.

----

A/N:

ALRIGHT, I have good news and bad news...and somewhat good news.

The bad news is that I've officially finished writing this story :(

The somewhat good news is that the epilogue will be the 86th chapter, which means that there's still 11 chapters left (including the epilogue) which means you can enjoy this story for about 5 more weeks :)

BUT the good news (in my opinion) is that I have officially decided there will be a sequel!! :D

I've thought out a plot (thanks to one of my friends) and I've already written the prologue and the first chapter (oops) and I'm really very excited for you guys to read it!!

On a side note, there's going to be a lot more of the rest of the guys in this sequel! (:D)

And that's all I wanted to say...sorry for the long AN! (I hope it was worth reading it :))