Chapter 32

‘So we’re just going to continue?’ Luke carefully asked when I had calmed down again.
I nodded, trying to dry my tear stained cheeks.
‘We can go back any time you want alright? All you have to do is ask and we’ll go’ He added.
I nodded again and gave him a little smile.
‘Thank you’ I mumbled.
Luke just looked at me with a worried expression on his face.
‘Should we make a pit stop at your house or not?’
He grabbed one of the water bottles he just bought and handed me one.
‘No,’ a small smile appearing on my face. The fact that he was worried about me actually made him really cute.
‘I’ll probably never leave that place if we go back, let’s just continue’
Luke kept my eyes locked with his, staring in them a few seconds before slowly nodding his head.
‘Alright, but you should just try and get some sleep then’ he said.
He grabbed the food and drinks off of the ground and dropped them in the back seat.
I closed the door on my side of the car and put on my seatbelt.
Luke got in the car too and looked at me again.
‘I will get some sleep’ I told him.
Luke nodded and started the car, driving us back on the highway.
‘We have like, 3 more hours to go so just get some rest. I’ll wake you up when we get there. Are you sure you don’t want to go back?’
I smiled ‘Yes I’m sure. I just want to forget about them and that’s not going to work if I go straight back to my house’
----
‘Ivy, wake up’ I groaned and pushed Luke’s hand away.
‘We’re here, come on.’ He just rubbed his hand over my arm this time, but I didn’t feel like opening my eyes.
‘Please V, I’ll buy you more gummy bears if you open your eyes now’
I opened my eyes, more because he just called me “V” than because he said he’d buy me gummy bears, not that I was going to tell him that.
He probably wouldn’t buy me gummy bears if I did that.
‘I’m awake’ I mumbled, rubbing my eyes with my hands.
My eyes were stinging from the crying I did a few hours ago and my head was pounding.
I sighed and opened my eyes again, blocking the sun with my hand.
My door opened and Luke appeared beside me.
‘Come on,’ he said, sticking out his hand for me to take. ‘Let me cheer you up alright?’
I took his hand and smiled at him.
‘You know you don’t have to do that. I just had a little break down but I’m fine now’
I stood in front of him, my hand still holding his.
We were standing maybe a little bit too close to each other but it didn’t make me uncomfortable.
Yes he was taller than me, but he didn’t intimidate me.
‘Well sometimes fine is not good enough’ he said.
I looked to my feet and then back up to face Luke.
‘Alright then, cheer me up’ I smiled.
I had to admit I was kind of curious about what he had in mind.
‘Alright,’ he mumbled, looking around us.
We were standing in the parking lot of another hotel.
‘Just give me today to actually think of something’
I laughed and nodded.
‘You have one day’
‘That’s all I need’
I stepped back and walked to the back of the car.
‘So how many days are we staying here?’ I asked.
‘I don’t know, at least until tomorrow, we’ll see after that’
I nodded and grabbed the bag, putting some clothes and my toothbrush in before handing it to Luke.
When we were done we went inside and got ourselves a room.
Luke dropped the bag on the floor, put the key in his pocket and looked at me.
‘Let’s go see what we can do here’ He said, sticking his hand out again.
I took it and we walked back out of the hotel room.
Luke locked the door and we walked back outside, making our way through Otorohanga. 

-----
A/N: so...i spent almost 7 hours today writing for this story because I'm starting my internship next week...I'm going to try my best to keep updating twice a week but if it doesn't work I'm going to have to go back to just one update a week...although I really love writing on this so I'll probably just continue updating twice...why am I even saying all of this?
My brain is like...completely drained right now...I feel like there's nothing left in it hahaa...
Note to self: NEVER write 7 chapters in one day ever again