Chapter 22

The next morning we decided to get up earlier than we have the last couple of days, so we had all the time to go see what else we could do in Kerikeri.

'The town centre is not that far away. Is it okay if we walk?' Luke asked when I got out of the bathroom.

I nodded and put my little make-up bag back in our backpack.

There was literally nothing in my make-up bag, only some mascara and eyeliner, but I barely ever used the eyeliner.

'Okay, I'm ready' I said.

Luke looked up and from his phone and sighed dramatically.

'Finally' he said.

I grinned and walked to the door.

It only took me about half an hour to get ready, so Luke had nothing to complain about.

He apparently needed almost 20 minutes just to do his hair.

Luke followed right behind me as I walked out of the door and he locked it.

We walked out of the hotel and on the sidewalk.

We walked in silence and I looked around while following Luke, hoping that he knew where he went.

A little squeal left my mouth when I suddenly lost my balance and felt to the ground.

I started laughing and looked at Luke who was looking at me confused.

He helped me up, trying to push back his laughter.

'What did you do?' he asked.

'I don't know, I just tripped or something' I answered, still smiling.

Luke grinned and shook his head in disbelief

'Well, I guess you really are clumsy then' he said, referring back to when I told him that but he didn't believe me.

We continued walking and 10 minutes later there were little stores popping up.

We mindlessly walked around, looking inside some stores and strolling past the others.

We stopped to get something to drink in a little café and continued strolling around afterwards.

'Oh, can we go in there? I want to see what they have' I said, pointing to a store we were about to pass.

Luke nodded and we walked inside.

It was a little store which sold jewellery and all sorts of things that had something to do with that.

I looked around a bit, finding a lot of stuff I liked but not really buying anything.

I grabbed a pair of earrings that looked really nice and looked at them from a little closer.

I put them back when I decided I didn't really need them and turned around.

Luke was standing right behind and he looked at me with a worried expression in his eyes.

'What's wrong?' I asked.

Luke looked around, not answering my question.

So I tried walking past him, which he didn't let me.

'Luke?!' I said 'Let me through, I just want to go look over there'

'Can't you just go look over there?' he asked, pointing to the complete other direction.

'No, I've already seen that'

Luke looked behind him and I saw that as my opportunity to slip right past him.

I looked at the little rack right behind Luke, wondering what was on there. But before I could take an actual look at it, Luke pulled my face between his hands and blocked my view.

'Please don't look at that' he softly begged.

'why not?' I asked, trying not to get to distracted by his hands that were still cupping my face.

'Just don't, please?'

'What's so bad about whatever is hanging there?'

'Nothing, I just...I can't explain but just, don't look at it'

I quietly nodded and Luke let go of my face.

I didn't know what that was about, but he looked desperate so I decided to just listen and walk right past it.

The rest of the day went by really quickly and before I knew it we were back at the hotel.

It was only 4 PM but we both felt like we had seen everything.

--------

A/N:

Okay hat sucked please don't kill me. I literally had zero inspiration for this but it had to be in here because it kind of is a little bit important.