Singed hair

Who's writing for who:
Adam: Nova
Dr.Sherman, and Ryan: Me

Adam was walking with Ryan to the heavy containment zone, yawning softly as they went. He had forgot a hairtie when he woke up, so he just said 'fuck it' and let his hair down for the day. He sipped coffee, turning slightly towards Ryan.

"I'm sorry,, remind me why we're going to heavy containment again? Cause like, today would be one of the worst days for any breaches for us."

Ryan took a sip of his tea, "We are going to heavy containment because they need some extra researchers today for 049." He said as he scanned his security card to put down the security gate but it wasn't going down. He raised an eyebrow, "Huh..that's weird.."

He rolled his eyes, groaning softly. "049.. seriously...?" After the card didn't work, his eyebrow raised. "..maybe it just doesn't work today..?" He mumbled, pulling his own card out. "Maybe there's an issue with your card, lemme try."

Ryan nodded as he moved so Adam could try his card. This hasn't happened before, maybe the security system is being faulty today.

Adam tapped his card, which caused it to shut off... Only for 3 seconds. And it kept subsequently flickering on and off for those same 3 seconds. "Well.. we'll have to let maintenance know, huh?" He muttered, giving a little sigh. "Let me go first, just to make sure its safe."

Ryan nodded then raised an eyebrow, "I can go first.. don't want your hair getting fried." He said in a joking tone as he started to go first.

He stopped him, shaking his head. "i'm the oldest, i should go first." He raised his voice a little, rolling his eyes a tiny bit. "Plus, my hair wont get fried. Its fine."

Ryan sighed and mumbled, "Yeah.. anyone can see that." He crossed his arms, "Fine, just be careful. I'm sure you don't want a haircut."

"either way i should get it cut soon." He shrugged, taking his mass of hair and tucking it a little in the back of his lab coat, holding his coffee cup close. "One.. two.. three-" he sprinted through, just very barely making it. "Whew!! See?? Nothing happened!" The very faint scent of burnt hair filled the hall.. his smile faded, and he decided to ignore it. "I should radio maintenance though."

Ryan watched as his big brother ran and just barley make it through the security system, his eyes widened as he saw some smoke come from his hair. "Uh...Adam, your hair is kinda...smoking." He said as he took out his walkie talkie, "I'll radio maintenance as you take care of your hair.."

"shit-" he didn't think it was SMOKING!!! he quickly patted out all over his head, a frown now on his face, a good chunk of singed hair now in his hand. "..now i will have to get a hair cut." At least it wasn't anything close to his scalp, but this sucked.

Ryan got off the radio, "Maintenance is coming right now. Should I radio a hair styler as well?" He chuckled.

"ugh.. i think i can cut it myself..." He grumbled, checking if anything else was fucked up.

Ryan tilted his head, "Are you sure? Can you even cut your hair?" He said with a raised eyebrow.
Ryan heard someone walk behind him and turned around to see if it was the maintenance men, it wasn't.

Dr.Sherman looked to his right as he was passing by, "Nice hair." He said to Adam.

"shut it, sherman." He wasn't in the mood for any snide remarks or any of the sort. He sighed, fluffing out the rest of his hair. "I probably need some help. Can't exactly see the back of my head."

Dr.Sherman chuckled as he walked away.

Ryan nodded, "I'll be able to help." He heard more footsteps and he looked to his left, it was the maintenance men, finally. They quickly worked out the security system and it finally worked correctly. Ryan nods a thanks.

"this was the worst day to leave my hair long." He groaned, silently mourning his hair. "Stupid security gate.. stupid maintenance.. stupid sherman.."

Ryan walked over to Adam and put a hand on his shoulder, "It'll be okay.. it'll grow back." He smiled.

"yeah but it took forever.." he sighed, a frown on his lips. "Lets just get the day over with.. and hopefully i can avoid comments on my hair."