Doubts..

Who's writing for who:
Adam: Nova
Ryan: Me

This is a continuation of Containment Breach.

Adam was just waking up when he heard footsteps coming into his room. He looked a bit better than he did when he was first put in a room, and honestly he wanted to go but they told him he couldn't since he was still healing.

He opened his eyes, looking over at Ryan and giving a little smile. "Hey there ry. On lunch break?" He chuckled softly, slowly sitting up and getting himself comfortable so he could talk to the other.

"If you must know, it doesn't hurt as much today. Just slightly achey."

Ryan walked into Adam's room on his lunch break, he's been doing this everyday since the incident, "Hi Adam, yes it is." He smiled softly. He took his seat next to Adams bed like usual. He was about to ask how he was feeling but Adam beat him too it. He chuckled, "That's good, I'm glad you're doing better." He said softly.
Ryan looked at his own hands, he hadn't told Adam about how he has been waking up in cold sweats about Adam actually dying and Jack blaming him, telling him that it was his fault. "I should have seen that bullet.." He mumbled to himself.

Adams smile faded slightly, a more serious look taking over. "Ryan.. nobody would've seen that bullet.. yes, i may have caught it just in time, but i'm okay.. i'm alive.." he spoke softly, brows furrowed.

"I'll heal up and be back on my feet in no time, i promise.."

Ryan widened his eyes, he didn't mean for Adam to hear that. He looked up, "That bullet should have shot me! You almost died!" He ran a hand through his hair, "You almost died because of me..." Ryan could feel his eyes start to water.

"hey- no, it was the guards fault, not yours." he threw a pillow at the other gently, since he was not allowed to stand and walk around. if he did, a computer would come running in to yell at him. "if i hadn't stopped the bullet, you'd be dead... ry, how longs this been eating at you?"

Ryan caught the pillow and hugged it to himself tightly, "...ever since the incident...I've been having night terrors about it.." He frowned as a tear fell. "You died and..Jack blamed me for it.." He said in a broken voice.

"He would never blame you for it.." he frowned, slowly swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He was in pjs, leaning forward with a little grunt of pain. "ugh.. c'mere." he opened his arms, a worried look carved into his face. "i promise you i'm okay... I don't blame you for this. It was my own fault. I wanted to protect you, please ry...."

Ryan carefully hugged Adam, "I'm sorry...I know he would never blame me...I know you wanted to protect me..I just wish..my brain knew that." His tears broke free as he tried his best to hold in a sob.

"yeah... brains suck... but its okay..." Adam rubbed his back gently, missing the hugs from the other deeply. "...do you mind staying and eating lunch with me ry..? would that help at all...?"

Ryan nodded not really trusting his voice right now, he didn't want to leave the hug though.

"i love you so so much, okay?" he spoke softly, not wanting to leave the hug either...

at least until lunch came.