Sweater Weather 2

This is a rewrite of Sweater Weather.
Mirror timeline.
Sherman, Adam: Me
Ryan, Jack: Nova

Sherman was getting ready to go into the field, they have found a button..they have dubbed it SCP-032621. Terry was already packed and at the exit waiting for him. He was packing the essentials, clothes, and water. He wanted to pack his sweater but he couldn't find it, he raised an eyebrow. He clicked on his radio and set it to the private station between him and Jack, "Jack..did you take my sweater, bud?"

Jack was laying in bed snuggled in the sweater, Ryan looking up from the phone from the couch. Jacks eyes widened as he sat up and looked at ryan, who just shrugged. Jack slowly reached over and clicked on the radio, giving a slow "..no..." Sinking into the warmth of his pseudo-dads sweater.

Sherman sighed catching his bluff, "Jack, it was just here this morning. I went to a meeting for the field mission and when I came back it's mysteriously gone." He said into the radio with a raised eyebrow. "Why don't you come down, I'm gonna be leaving very soon anyway.

"..okay.." jack mumbled, a sad tone in his voice. "C'mon ry, lets go." He called, pushing himself up, Ryan sighing softly. "It's not like he's gonna be gone that long.. you know dad, he'll be back in no time." Ryan bumped jacks shoulder, taking the lead as they exited the room to say goodbye to sherman.

Sherman heard Jack's sad tone, he frowned a little. He knew Jack hated him going into the field. He waited for Ryan and Jack to get to his and Terry's room. He heard a knock, he made his way toward the door and opened it. He saw Jack wearing his sweater, he smiled, "I knew you had it." He opened the door more to invite the two in.

"i told him not to but he never listens to me." Ryan sighed, entering the room, jack following sheepishly. "Sorry.. i just.. you're really comforting to me and with you being gone, I didn't want to miss your hugs.. if that's.. not weird.." he rubbed the back of his head, hiding in the sweater a little.

Sherman chuckled a little, "He never listens to anyone." He said jokingly back to Ryan. He then turned his attention to Jack, he put a hand to his heart, oh my god. "Bud, that's not weird. How about this," He walked over to Jack and put a hand on his shoulder, "You can keep it for the two days I'm gone and when I come back, you better give it back to me." He said as he ruffled Jack's hair. "If you don't, I'll make sure Terry comes for you." He chuckled.

Jack grumbled, his curls getting messier with the ruffle. "Mm.. okay.." he mumbled, brows furrowing a little bit before rushing sherman and giving him a tight hug. "Please stay safe. Both you and terry." He mumbled.

Ryan gave a soft laugh, placing his hands in his pockets, waiting for jack to finish hugging and talking to sherman so he could get a little solo hug time from sherman.

Sherman hugged back with a smile, "Don't worry, bud. We will be safe, we'll protect each other." He said softly as he rubbed Jack's back for a little bit before he disbanded the hug and turned toward Ryan. "Come here, Ry." He said as he opened his arms for him.

Ryan smiled and went to sherman, pulling him into a tight hug. "Don't do anything stupid like you usually do, please." Ryan spoke softly, closing his eyes in the hug. "It isn't good for anyone's health."

Sherman nodded, "I won't, I promise." He said as he hugged back. He hoped that he could keep the promise..he really did. He jumped a little as his radio went off, "Sherman, we will be leaving in three minutes." Rain said through the radio. He sighed as he let go of the hug, "Guess it's time." He grabbed his bag as he went toward his door, he turned around one last time, "We'll be back, I promise," He said with a small smile and wave, "love you." He went out his door, he had a bad feeling but he put it off as paranoia.