Casey meets 33330

Corpse Jack timeline.
Casey, SCP Jack: Nova
Sherman: Me

Casey had just got back from visiting emily back home in new york, a soft smile on his face. The elevator they were on settled on the first floor, casey happily stepping off.... But... Things felt off. It was a lot darker, and the air felt heavy. "...weird... Thought there would be some kinda welcome back thing..." They muttered, shrugging and making their way to their room and dropping their stuff off.

They got the information of a new scp.. a humanoid. He wondered what it was like? After he dumped his stuff, he went over to the containment room, turning on the lights... And freezing in place as he saw who it was.

"Unnn..cllee...." Jack wheezed softly, dragging himself and putting his hands against the glass. Since he wasn't deemed so dangerous, they've lifted a few precautions.. one being the two way mirror-like window he had on his containment cell.

Sherman was in his room thinking about what Terry said about letting Jack go.. He knew he had to but.. he doesn't know if he can. He suddenly got a radio from Adam saying Casey was back and that they..oh no. He quickly got up and made his way toward Jack's containment.

Once he got there he saw Casey standing there, frozen. "Case.." He said softly as to not spook him.

"wh... What the hell happened..  while i was.. g.. gone...?" Caseys voice shook, "what happened.. to jack...?" They stepped closer, placing his hands against the glass gently. "Why the hell did nobody tell me....." He pressed his forehead against the glass as well, holding back a sob.

Jack gave a little groan and a small head tilt, confused as to why he didn't see him until now... And why he was so sad.. slowly.. he's forgetting.

Sherman took a breath, "Jack..died due to Larry breaching containment..I tried to save him but.." He took a shaky breath out. "We thought that..he was gonna be buried..other people had a different idea." His hands curled into a fist, "They decided to test..a black sludge on Jack's..body and now.." He gestured toward Jack.

Sherman went up to Casey and put a hand on their shoulder, "We wanted to tell you...but we didn't want to ruin your trip and Emily's birthday.." He said with a small crack in his voice.

"...i showed her pictures of you guys... She really wanted to meet you all.." casey laughed sadly, tears starting to spill down his cheeks. "...i'm sorry jack..... I'm sorry I wasn't here...." They sob softly, closing their eyes. "....i fucked up... Again...."

Jack wheezed quietly, brows furrowing as he watched casey break down. He slumped over, dragging himself and pressing his hands against the door gently.

"You.. didn't fuck up Casey.." Sherman said softly. He looked over as he saw Jack move to the door. He made his way toward the door and opened it for Jack. "Go ahead..bud."

Jack was steady, pulling himself upright and standing, gently walking towards casey. Casey turned, eyes wide. "God... I can't even imagine how much pain you're in.." casey muttered, hesitantly resting his hands on jacks cheeks, sadly looking at his dead eyes.

Jack wheezed softly, allowing casey to pull him in a hug, grey sludge dripping and spilling to the floor. "...i'm so sorry..." Casey spoke with a whisper.

Sherman watched them with sad eyes, he knew that Casey would blame themselves..they are just like himself. He waited for a bit and then made his way toward Jack and Casey, he hugged the both of them.

Casey shuddered at how cold jack was. "..how long.. has this been...?" Casey asked softly, jack enjoying the warmth of the two and letting his arms dangle, eyes slowly closing. "...is there any way to let him.. rest...?"