Sweater Weather

Mirror timeline.
Jack, Ryan: Nova
Sherman, Adam, Reece: Me

Sherman was getting ready to go into the field, they have found a button..they have dubbed it SCP-032621. He was packing the essentials, clothes, and water. He wanted to pack his sweater but he couldn't find it, he raised an eyebrow. He took out his radio and flicked it to a private channel with Jack, "Jack..did you take my sweater?"

Jack was busy laying in bed, playing with 999 when sherman patched in to the private channel. He was currently wearing the sweater, eyes widening. He took a moment to reply. "...nooooo..?" He knew he sounded unconvincing as hell, trying to play it off. "Maybe you lost it while you were doing laundry??"

Sherman sighed catching his bluff, "Jack, it was just here this morning. I went to a meeting and when I came back it's mysteriously gone." He said into the radio. "Why don't you come to my room, I'm gonna be leaving soon anyway."

"but i'm cozzyyy..." Jack whined, 999 cooing into the reciever. His brain just clicked that sherman was about to leave for field duty. "...fine i'm coming, give me a sec." He clicked off the radio, picking 999 up and storing him under his hat.

He skipped a little down the hall towards shermans room, knocking on the door gently. "Pops, it's me!" He called.

Sherman waited for Jack then heard a knock on the door, he went to his door and opened it. He chuckled, "I knew you had it." He said with a smile. He opened the door more and let Jack in.

"what? Its comfortable...." Jack shrunk a little into it as he came in, blushing of slight embarrassment. "And it smells like you so.. thought i could borrow it while you're gone.."

"Aww bud.." Sherman shut the door and hugged him. "You can keep it while I'm gone, okay? But when I come back, I better get it back." He said with a soft chuckle.

"cross my heart, i promise!" Jack pulled up his hat, 999 dangling from it and gurgling happily. "Oh- oops! Sorry buddy!!" He shook the small creature off into his hand before popping his hat back on, 999 doing grabby hands with its little nubby gel things towards sherman.

Sherman picked up 999, "Hey buddy!" He pet him with a finger. He looked to Jack, "I shouldn't be gone long, maybe two days maximum." He said with a soft smile.

"two days is too looonnnggg ugghhhh..." He groaned, flopping on to shermans bed face down. "Swear i'll break my ankle or something cause you aren't here." He said jokingly, kicking his slippered feet a little. It was his off day so he was enjoying it as much as he could.

Sherman rolled his eyes playfully, "If you do, I'll make sure you break your other ankle." He said jokingly. He sat on his bed next to Jack who was laying down. Just as he was starting to relax his radio went off, "Dr.Sherman and his team, come down to the exit." A guard said through the radio. He sighed, "Guess it's time." He put 999 down next to Jack and grabbed his suitcase.

Jack quickly pushed himself up and grabbed sherman from behind, hugging him tight. "Please stay safe, okay? I'll kick your but if you don't." He mumbled, holding sherman for a minute or two before slowly letting go. "S.. sorry.."

Sherman turned after Jack stopped hugging him, "Hey..I'll be okay bud, I promise." He stuck his pinky out with a small smile.

Jack bit his lip, grabbing shermans pinky with his own pinky, smiling a little. "....you should go before you're late or anything. I'll lock your room when you leave." He said quietly, pulling at the bottom of the sweater a little. He was anxious.

Sherman nodded and kissed Jack's forehead, "I love you bud." He said as he walked out of his room with one last wave. He made his way toward the exit with some growing anxiety, he felt like something bad might happen but he pushed it down. He promised.