Metal wings

Who's writing for who:
Jack: Nova
Sherman: Me

Sherman was running, another containment breach. The access door to 553 was improperly sealed and it got out. He was trying to find a good hiding spot, he hoped that the brothers were okay. He finally found a spot in a small closet.

Jack was one of the ones called to recontain 553, thankfully only a small handful escaping before he and a few others arrived. He was wearing the designated suit, holding a dehumidifier, and other equipment that was needed to recontain the insects. He could hear the sounds of aggression the bugs were making, carefully making his way to one to capture it.

Sherman hated the small closet as his claustrophobia started to kick in. He took a deep breath as he waited for the announcement that the anomaly has been contained.

Jack thought he caught all the bugs successfully, slowly pulling the protective outfit off.. before a stray bug rushed at him and sliced up his arm, leaving multiple cuts and causing him to scream. One of the others who was tasked with catching caught the bug before it could do more harm, taking it into containment and shutting the door. "Scp 553 has been successfully contained." A male voice came on over the radio, jack holding his arm and sitting in the hall, blood dripping on to the floor.

Sherman sighed happily, "Thank God.." He said as he opened the door. He made his way through the halls looking for any of the brothers. As he went down one of the halls he saw Jack sitting, he made his way toward him and noticed that he was bleeding, "Shit..Jack!" He said as he knelt down next to him.

"sherm,, i'm okay, there's no deep cuts,, but f u c k this hurts..." Jack hissed at the stinging of his arm, trying to struggle out of the rest of his suit. The thing was so heavy and restricting,, he hated it when he was on containment duty.

Sherman helped Jack out of the suit, he hated when any of the brothers were on containment duty. He took a look at Jack's cuts with a frown, "I have a med kit in my room, I can fix you up there so you don't have to go to medical."

"yeah.. its not urgent, and i'd rather not show up at reece's doorstep again.." Jack chuckled softly, looking at his cut up arm. "At least there isn't any deep ones, then i'd definitely be in trouble."

Sherman nodded, "Yeah.." He was trying to calm himself. He got up and offered a hand to Jack to help him up. He was gonna have a talk to whoever put Jack on containment duty and make sure that when Jack is out on duty again, Sherman will be with Jack.

He grabbed shermans hand, pulling himself up and wincing a little as he bent his cut up arm. "Ooh,, there's cuts in the bend of my arm,,, fuck that stings." He looked at the cuts again, blood slowly stopping its trickle, yet still dripping slightly from his fingertips.

Sherman carefully looked at Jack's cut up arm and cringed, "That'll sting for a couple days.." He kept a hold on Jack's hand as he led him to his room.

"think i dripped a little on the way over.. oops." Jack laughed softly, looking back towards sherman from the tiny trail of blood droplets. "Guess I won't be wearing my lab coat for a bit. At least until it stops feeling like i'm being stabbed by a million hot irons."

Sherman forced a small chuckle, "I'll clean it up after I patch you up.." He opened up his door and walked in with Jack, he sat Jack down in his chair as he went to get his med kit.

"..pops, you seem a little tense, you okay?" Jack asked softly as he was sat in the chair, tilting his head slightly. "Are you worried about me having containment duty???"

Sherman came back with the med kit and pursed his lips, "...No..." He said as he grabbed another seat, set it next to Jack, and sat down. He started to gently clean out the cuts.

"then whats wrong?" He asked softly, sucking in a little air from the sting of the alcohol hitting his cuts. One of the worst scps to get attacked by, in his opinion.

"Nothing..." Sherman said in a soft voice. He heard Jack suck in a breath, "Sorry." He finished cleaning out the cuts and grabbed the bandaids.

Once sherman was finished, jack stood, wrapping his arms around Shermans torso and pulling him into a tight hug, even if it hurt his arm like crazy. ".. I won't push you, but don't bottle everything up, please.. its not healthy, pops. If you do wanna tell me, tell me whenever you're ready. Ryan, Adam, and myself are all here for you, just as you're here for us.."

Sherman returned the hug tightly, trying his best to hold in tears. "Thank you bud..." He said in a soft, rough voice. "I just...your injuries could have been so..much worse...what if you...what if you died.." His voice broke, "I don't know what..I would have done.." A few tears broke free and slid down his face.

"pops, you wouldn't have known... I know it feels like you need to keep us safe and protect us all the time, but you don't have to play superman all the time.. you can't.. you're human.." Jack spoke softly, a little smile on his face. "I promise you i made sure i get sent out for safely classified anomaly's, and i make sure i'm protected and safe." He reached up and wiped a few of shermans tears with a thumb.

Sherman sighed, he sometimes wished he was superman. "Okay..." He looked at Jack, "I will make sure I'm with you next time.." He said with a small smile. Sherman kissed Jack's forehead gently, "I love you bud.."

"love you too pops.. don't make yourself sick with worrying so much, okay??" Jack smiled, "me and adam and ry will have to play doctor for ya if you do get sick. Then you'll really have a bad day."

Sherman chuckled, "I won't for my own safety..having you guys as my doctor's would make me even more sick." He smiled softly.

"come on, sit down, lets watch some tv for a little." Jack smiled, gently grabbing the others wrist and leading him to the couch.