Back home..

Mirror timeline.
Casey, Carolyn, Bridwell: Nova
Emily, Clifford, J-: Me

Casey stepped off the subway from the airport. They could barely will themselves to keep moving, brain taking them from the platform up the steps. They wore their glasses, hair a complete and utter mess. They messed with the ring hanging on their neck.. it was jimmys. Maybe it was a good thing to be released from that hell... He had at least one person to go back to on the outside world. His niece, emily.

He made his way across streets, through the early morning nyc chill, to his sisters house. She had been contacted by sonia and told that casey shouldn't be alone. He quietly went up to the front door and hesitated for a moment, giving a slow knock.

Emily had been waiting for Casey, she was on the couch watching some cartoons when she heard a knock. She quickly got up and rushed to the door, she first looked through the peep hole just to make sure. It was Casey. She unlocked the door and opened it, "Uncle Casey!" She said happily. She then took in Casey's appearance, she immediately hugged them.

"hey squirt.." casey almost fell back, kneeling down to return the hug. He fought back tears as he held Emily, the thought that he would never get back home to see her leaving their head. "..god i missed you so much..."

"I missed you too.." Emily said as she tightened the hug. She's been waiting to hug him. "I love you." She pulled back from the hug and grabbed their hand, "Come on in." She said as she led them into the apartment.

Casey got up and walked in, holding their bag tight as they did, looking around the apartment. Man.. they didn't change much since he's been gone. ".. I'm surprised you're up this early.. i thought you'd still be asleep.."

Emily looked at Casey with a soft smile, "Yeah..but I wanted to be able to see you. I went to bed early last night." She said with a small chuckle. She led then led them to the extra room they had for Casey, "Here's where you will be staying." The room is in between her and her mom's room.

"a.. alright.. thank you kiddo.." casey pats emilys head, tossing his bag on to the bed and plopping down onto it, kicking his shoes off and shrugging off his coat. He was told to cover his scars but honestly he didn't even really bother. "Whats for breakfast? I'm starving." They half-heartedly laugh, leaning forward a little bit with their arms crossed.

Emily honestly might never get used to Casey's scars, they didn't deserve the hurt that happened to them. She took a breath, "Uh..we have eggs, waffles, and cereal." She said as she tried to recall what they had.

"i could seriously go for some eggs and waffles." The weight in caseys heart felt like it was very slowly melting, but only cause he had to act okay. they're forcing themselves to. "Let me make some for you guys." They got up with a soft grunt, yawning softly.

Emily shook her head and gently forced him back down, "I'll make it, you need to rest. It'll be breakfast in bed for you." She said in a playful stern tone.

"b- but your mom would kill me if she caught you making it-" casey stammered, brows furrowing. "The.. the eggs.. at least. Let me cook some eggs." He needed to keep his mind on,, s om e th ing, anything.

Emily looked at Casey and searched his eyes.. "Okay, you can help on the eggs." Something is killing him on the inside..she can tell. She made her way out, Casey was not the same uncle that he was..before.

Casey slowly got up and followed, peeking in emilys room for a moment in search of clifford. ".. where's clifford, em?" He asked softly, before pulling back, and moving to the kitchen.

"He slept in his dog house last night." Emily said from the kitchen starting to get out the waffle mix. "Didn't want him to bombard you right when you got back."