Part 23

"Oh, man this is exciting!" Mick beamed, stretching out his long arms, he wrapped them around Stevie on one side and Lindsey on the other. "The future is promising."

Stevie chuckled at Mick's excitement as they rode the elevator. The band was invited to dinner with record execs and clearly Mick had a few too many. He brought a smile to Lindsey's face as well. Or maybe it was the whole situation they had found themselves in. One day it was just two old friends, playing together to remember the good times, the next - decisions were being made for Fleetwood Mac's reunion. 

The ding of the elevator signaled that they had reached their floor. All five members of the band stayed close, just a couple of doors separating their rooms. The three that had stayed out the longest, stopped by Mick's room to say goodnight first. 

"I know it's not a long walk, but you two behave yourselves." Mick pointed a finger at Stevie and Lindsey. "We don't want this to be over before it's even begun."

"I'm sure we'll manage, Mick." Stevie replied with a smile as she stood on her tiptoes to hug him.

"Goodnight." Lindsey said, sharing a quick hug with him too.

Once they knew that Mick was back safe in his room, they turned to head down the hallway again. It was a short walk, like Mick said, and they reached Stevie's suite in no time.

"Well, this is me." She said, tucking a strand of hair away from her face.

"Yeah." Lindsey nodded, subtly looking to his left then to right. Nobody else was there. 

"It was kind of fun." Stevie spoke up, not ready to say goodbye just yet. "I usually hate these things, but it went okay."

"Uh-uh. Seeing record executives hitting on you never gets old." Lindsey rolled his eyes, but a smile remained on his face.

"Do I detect a little bit of jealousy?" She asked, amused, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll always be a little jealous." He shrugged, again glancing both ways. 

"And I'm just going to have to learn to live with it, huh?" He gave a nod of his head, making her laugh lightly. "Well, have a good night, Linds."

"You, too." He said, but didn't move a muscle. 

She looked at him, waiting for something he still had to say. Just that he didn't say anything as his hand cupped her cheek and his lips pressed to hers for a moment too short. She stared at him a bit confused, when he stepped back. They had agreed, he was definitely not supposed to do that. And yet, the next thing she did, was close the distance between them. She cradled his face in the palms of her hands and brought him down for another kiss. His hands settled on her hips as he kissed her back, showing no intention of pulling back. She did, however, break their lips apart, when she realized they were out in the open for everyone to see. 

Eyes wide, she sank her teeth into her bottom lip as she ran her fingers through her hair. Say goodnight, don't acknowledge it, just say goodnight. She kept her mouth shut, while she searched for her room key. Once she managed to unlock the door, she turned around to face him again. 

"Are you sure?" Lindsey asked, kicking himself for it.