Part 30

"Wha- Lindsey?" Stevie turned to face him, while he kept his head straight. "You just drove by my house."

"I know." He nodded once and kept on driving. "I've decided that I'm not ready to say goodbye yet."

"Well, that's not really up to you to decide." She said. "I shouldn't have stayed out so long to begin with."

"What, is your father expecting you home at 10?" Lindsey teased, stopping at a red light, he turned to her. She didn't seem too amused. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine." Stevie softened up, giving him a sympathetic look. "I said, I was going out shopping with my assistant. I don't usually take that long and I have nothing to show for it."

"You just didn't find anything you liked." Lindsey shrugged, suddenly realizing, how good they'd always been at lying, when they needed an extra bit of time together. "I just... I had a really good time with you."

"I know." Stevie nodded, placing her hand on his thigh. "Me too."

"Do not move that hand anywhere." He warned and she smirked. "I'm serious."

"Or what?" She cocked her head to one side, challenging him. 

"Or I'm going to take you back to my place and you won't come home at all tonight." He actually sounded like he meant it. "Since that night we spent together..." He paused, inhaling deeply, he then exhaled slowly. "My imagination has been going wild, let's leave it at that."

"Oh?" Her palm on his leg was replaced by the tips of her nails as she traced a path with them upwards. 

"Do not." Lindsey repeated himself, covering her hand with his. "Gah, you're going to drive me crazy. You are driving me crazy."

Pulling her hand away, Stevie said. "You know... Kyle is going away next weekend." That was enough to get his full attention. "It's just going to be me and Aimee. We could... do something together."

"Yeah, like what?" Lindsey asked, close to driving by Stevie's house yet again. 

She shrugged and turned to look out the window. "I'll leave that up to you."

"Okay. Alright." Lindsey nodded, his mind already racing with possibilities. 

They were getting close. Even though Lindsey wanted to have Stevie all to himself much longer, he wasn't going to ignore her wishes. However, he did pull over by the side of the road a couple of houses away from hers. He smiled at the questioning look on her face, before he leaned in to kiss her. He'd been wanting to for hours. It couldn't escalate, nothing else was going to happen, but at least he wanted to kiss her, which might make her think about him, when she went to bed with the man she supposedly loved.

"I'll see you next week?" Stevie asked. 

"You bet." Lindsey assured. "You can still call me until we do see each other, though."

"Bye." She said with a smile on her face as she opened the passenger's side door.

Waiting for a moment for her heartrate to return to normal first, Stevie then walked into her home, ready to tell Kyle all about how she was tired, having spent hours going from store to store, and complain that she didn't manage to find one thing that she liked.

"Was that Lindsey bringing you back?" Kyle asked, waiting by the front door.