An Old Friend

Chris Evans POV -

Everyone sat at the meeting table, going through boxes of documents in order to figure out where Hydra was hiding Stephanie. The only person who knows Stephanie better than everyone else is Y/n, and despite being cousins with Tom in the movies, she hardly tells him anything.

Lizzie: "We're not getting anywhere with this, Y/n is still out there alone, and for all we know, she's possibly dead."

Evans: "Lizzie Please don't even start saying those things right now; it's dreadful enough that we just left her like she was nothing."

Maria: "You guys worry too much; she's a strong girl."

Evans: "Really now. This is all your fault; if you had just let us stay, we could have brought her back with us.

Maria: "It is not my fault; she gave me instructions, and I followed them; technically, it is his fault."

Brie: "You're correct, it's Sebastian's fault because if he hadn't given her the bombs in the first place and let us do it, she would be safe in our arms."

Sebastian: "Wait a minute; it's not my fault. I wasn't even going to give it to her until Lizzie over here went along with her idea, so it's not my fault, it's hers."

Scarlett: "So it's your fault. You're supposed to keep her safe, not lead her into danger."

Lizzie: "So it's my fault now. I'm not the one who handed her the explosives; I was hearing her out. Sebastian is the one who went all soft and gave those things up; see, it's his fault, and it isn't mine at all!"

Sebastian: "Okay, I know I gave her those things, but Maria is the one who abandoned her in that building and flew away."

Maria: "I was doing my job; it's Brie's fault; she should have stayed with Y/n the entire time."

Brie: "Excuse me! She was OK talking to me; she wanted to go chat with Lizzie, but little Miss Witch over here was too busy, so she may have felt like she was disturbing you, so it's her fault!"

Lizzie: "Y/n knows that she will never trouble me, so quit blaming me! Scarlett, you should have paid more attention to her."

Everyone was yelling at each other; in my perspective, we should all share the blame. The small discussion amongst everyone escalated into a screaming match. I lifted myself up, not wanting to be in there anymore. I slide the doors close, hearing an echo from inside. I sat on the seat, staring out to the horizon, surrounded by city skyscrapers. Nothing was circulating my thoughts. It was quiet until a notification vibrated in my pocket: Peggy had given us burner phones in case of emergencies only. I assumed it was just Scarlett texting me to get my ass back in there and back her up, so I didn't bother answering it. The phone went off again. I peeked through the door and saw everyone sitting back down in their chairs while Fury was telling them off, possibly because he had had enough of the arguing, but I did not see anyone using their burner phones. I took it out of my pocket, not believing who it was.

Y/n -
"Meet me at the abandoned airport in an hour."

Evans: "SCARLETT! I need you for a second."

Scarlett raced out towards me in a panic, but as soon as she saw the smile on my face, all of her worries were gone.

Scarlett: "Why are you smiling? What's wrong?"

Evans: "I can't tell you here, we need to leave."

Scarlett: "I'm not sure what you're thinking, but I'm just going with it. How are we going to leave when Ross and Fury barely let us leave the table?"