Soul

Sorry.

Third POV -

Scarlett: "We're a long way from Los Angeles."

Y/n laughed away, looking up into the colourful sky that passed them by in the flash of an eye as she moved her head away from the window. Scarlett would sneak quick looks at Y/n, taking comfort in the small moments and savouring what lay ahead.

Y/n: "Wow, this is new."

The globe was enveloped in purple skies, with dust trails ascending to the tower where they were required to be. Pressing the jet's button, Scarlett shut everything down and set it aside as they set out on their journey. Zoning out, Y/n waited for her off to the side. gazing up at the tower, calculating the distance they must walk. After crossing over, Scarlett noticed that Y/n was totally lost in thought. She touched her shoulder to catch her attention, and Y/n smiled gently and put her hand over hers. Once more, they faced the tower and then turned around to face one another. Y/n held out her hand, and Scarlett took it right away.

Scarlett knew in her heart that she wouldn't make it back home, but as they drew nearer and nearer, their hearts were beating, and they had no idea what to anticipate. To ensure that Y/n returned to the others, she had to use every effort. With Y/n following closely behind, Scarlett ascended the final rock, gasping for air from their strenuous walking and climbing.

Y/n: "I bet Strange didn't have to climb a mountain."

Scarlett: "Yeah, he took the easy way by flying up here, which you could have done."

Y/N: "I didn't think of that."

Red Skull: "Welcome."

Hearing the familiar voice, Scarlett and Y/n immediately raised their heads, drawing their weapons in front of them, then spun to face Redskull, who was floating in midair. 

Red Skull: "Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Hannah, daughter of Anthony."

Scarlett: "Who are you?"

Red Skull: "Consider me a guide... to you and to all who seek the soul stone."

Y/n: "Oh fabulous, you tell us where it is, and then we'll be on our way."

Red Skull: "If only it were that easy, follow me."

Scarlett: "Stay beside me."

Y/n understood the potential outcomes and shook her head. Red Skull led the way, and Scarlett held onto Y/n's hand as they followed the dead man out of the aperture, taking in their surroundings and their true altitude. As they drew nearer to the edge, all they could do was look down and realise that something would have to be given in exchange for the stone.

Red Skull: "What you seek lies in front of you, as does what you fear."

Scarlett: "The stone's down there."

Red Skull: "For one of you, for the other... in order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love in an everlasting exchange, a soul for a soul."

With just one step, Scarlett and Y/n left the edge and headed for the rocks that would help them comprehend everything. The news struck like a tonne of bricks. While Y/n sat on the rock, staring off into the distance, unsure of what to do, Scarlett got up and began to pace back and forth. She shifted, gazing intently at Scarlett, realising the extent of her tension.

Scarlett: "How's it going?"

Y/n: "Maybe he's making this shit up."

Scarlett: "No, I don't think so."