Proud Of You

Third POV -

Halfway through the flight, Evans gave up, hardly keeping his eyes open. He flipped the autopilot switch, slid the chair to the rear of the aircraft, hit a few buttons, and the chair leant back to become a chair bed. It was nine o'clock at night; they had been in the air for eleven hours nonstop, exhausted from the previous few days' lack of sleep, and in pain from all the fighting. The other three females were fast asleep—they couldn't even count to three before drifting off to a deep slumber.

The other actors, or Avengers, who were unable to travel to Budapest were rewarded with a free life from S.H.I.E.L.D. Downey decided to accompany everyone back to the Avengers Tower so they could be united after the disturbance at the airport, while the others chose to leave. There was no sign of the others for weeks. Only Sebastian knew where they were heading; he kept it to himself, knowing why Y/n and Evans turned against everyone and not wanting anyone to follow them. All of them—Scarlett excluded, of course—knew they had friends and family waiting for them when they returned home, but Tom, Brie, Chris, and Rdj just sat back and did their own thing, feeling deceived by the others. After a while, the Avengers Tower became somewhat dull. They were going crazy by the second week, but it was delightful during the first. When Fury saw how they were acting, he made the decision to give them access to "The Avengers Compound." The distance from New York City was greater. Their separate areas There were enlarged shooting arenas, larger training rooms, and pathways leading off into various regions that would require weeks to investigate. Rdj, Tom, Chris, Sebastian, and Brie all agreed, realising they needed something to occupy their time while they awaited the others.

Following the accident at the airport, some people were unable to roam freely; Peggy and Maria were separated from the others as a result of betrayal. It wasn't so big, but it was big enough to be behind bars on the lower floors of the company's building, separated from each other, so S.H.I.E.L.D. agreed not to send them to the raft. They are unable to recall how many days it has been. Every time Rdj and Chris tried to liberate them, they were met with a resounding "No" after two weeks of giving up when they realised S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn't badge.

Tom: "I don't think they're ever coming back, guys."

Not to mention, each person had a room in the newly constructed compound—exactly one room for each person. Don't share anymore. Chris would go for a run every morning, exercising and doing a few laps around the building to help him decompress. Sebastian would be in the living room, either watching TV or practicing his fighting moves a few times. He would be staring out the window, trying to get a glimpse of a car or jet entering the property. Given that the compound included a plane, Brie discovered that she spent more time outside than inside. Trying to keep herself occupied, she eventually taught herself how to pilot one of the aircraft and took a spin around New York City. Rdj made his way into the lab and began solving scientific puzzles he had never seen or comprehended before. He would occasionally use Vision to help him work on his suit, burying his face in the technology and only coming out of the lab to grab food or fresh air. A few times, Pepper would appear, keeping him company as he worked. Like Sebastian, Tom was only waiting for the others to arrive at this point; the only difference was that Sebastian was taking action. Tom used to spend all seven days of the week sitting in front of the large window, staring out into the distance as he waited for those gates to open. Until one day, though, they never did.

Chris: "Hey, Tom, you might want to go get Downey."

Tom: "Why, what's up?"

Sebastian: "You'll see. Meet us outside with Downey."

Tom: "K, then."

The jet touched down quickly on the compound's back lawn and turned itself off gradually as the five of them bolted outside. They were unaware of potential newcomers, and Fury never warned them of their presence. They did make some educated assumptions, but they soon doubted them all the time. Four people carrying bags were visible when the panel opened. Up until they ventured outside into the sunlight, it was a little bit dark. Everyone's eyes sparkled, even Tom's, with the exception of "Robert Downey Jr." Though he believed that they didn't give a damn about anyone around them, he wanted to be glad that they were safe. Scarlett, Chris, Y/n, and Lizzie dropped their bags beside them, running into the others arms and engulfing them in a hug. Tom shed a few tears, thinking he'd never see them again. Y/n hugged Tom one last time, noticing Rdj was off to the side, not really interacting with anyone.