I'll always love you now and forever

Third POV -

May 23rd 2023

As the rain started to fall, umbrellas were raised high. They all had a single rose in their hands and were standing close to one another. They were crying uncontrollably as they looked ahead to the burial ground, which was marked simply with the words Y/n Y/l/n, Beloved Daughter, Sister, and Best Friend. With a little assistance from the others, Downey and Chris planned the entire event; they were unable to invite Scarlett for the planning seeing her in this state because doing so would only make the matter worse, and Lizzie never spoke to anyone following the party incident. Tom and Brie tried calling her, but she never answered. Chris or Sebastian would occasionally drop by to see how she was doing, but Robbie would always respond that she wasn't ready for guests that day. Sharing the terrible news with everyone he could, Downey made an effort to invite as many people as possible. Sadly, not everyone could attend, but they still sent flowers and their condolences. He mainly invited Y/n's family and close friends, but none of them turned up, which was expected. Florence was furious again; she could take no more of that family, but she made the decision to be silent so as not to ruin the day. The sound of the rain was all that could be heard because it was so silent. For several minutes, there was complete silence; not a single person moved or talked. Downey approached, putting his rose first on the coffin. His eyes started to well up with tears as he struggled to find the right words to say.

Downey: "I love you so much, kid. You'll be missed by many, but mostly me."

He got up from the ground, wiped his face, and stood aside next to his wife. Colin was signalling to go with Scarlett by Downey, who gave him a quick tap on the shoulder. Colin nodded slightly to him, holding Rose's hand and holding Scarlett up right. Rose took her mother's hand, hoping to ease the pain, and arranged the two roses next to one another.

Rose: "I'm going to miss you, Y/n/n."

Rose turned to her dad. She began sobbing into his arms as Scarlett placed her hand on the grave.

Scarlett: "I'm so sorry. Wherever you are, I hope you are safe, and remember, I will always love you."

As her emotions started to flow, Scarlett covered her lips with her palm. Colin pulled her back to the group with his arm over her. Holding the umbrella and watching Evans leave, Florence gave her a side hug and massaged her back. She then turned around to notice that someone else was seeing what was happening along the tree. When Florence peered a bit closer, she saw Lizzie, dressed in a black suit, watching the small funeral unfold while holding her umbrella. Florence sympathised with her and begged her to come along, knowing that if she leaves, she will regret it, just like she did when she decided not to attend the previous one with everyone. Lizzie shook her head courteously and replied, "No," as if it would have been better to be back there at that time to not create another scene. Florence glanced back to see Tom setting down his rose, and she gave her a slight nod. The poor child attempted to remain composed, but after a few seconds, he gave up. He swiftly moved his palm over the grave and stood up before his weeping became more intense. Only Ana, Florence, and Mackie remained to set down a rose. Choosing to go first, Mackie set the rose down and took out his wallet, pulling out an Australian $20 bill and placing the rose on top of it to keep it from flying.

Anthony: "For you, my little broke Homie, I'm going to miss your little annoying ass."

With a chuckle, everyone realised Mackie would be the one to add a little joy to this extremely depressing day. Y/n's best friend Ana asked if she could stay behind and leave last. Florence nodded and stepped towards the grave, putting down her rose and running her fingertips over the Y/n's letters. As she read the name of the girl who had given her so much joy and happiness that it was all coming to an end, tears streamed down her face. Ana approached the coffin while holding her umbrella. Searching for the ideal spot to plant the rose, she knelt down. Above the gravestone, the very last rose to be placed, was the greatest location she could think of.