I'm here... and I'm not going anywhere

Third POV -

For Y/n, strolling in the forest was strange. That was where the chaos started. Keeping her hands in her jacket pocket, she scanned the various sections of the cemetery, searching for her own. She could have never imagined, in a million years, that she would be searching for her own gravestone. James offered her some brief instructions, but because the location was so large, he wasn't really clear. That is, until she noticed some distant barking. She continued to walk until the noise got louder. A dog leapt on her as she approached, sending her tumbling into a heap of leaves. She turned to face the dog and sat up, laughing to herself at how happy it seemed to be to see her. Glancing at the face, she noticed the gold-written collar that said "Billie." Billie! Florence Pugh's dog, Y/n, gave her a firm cuddle. Y/n was happy to see her but a little confused as to why she had gone so far from home.

Y/n: "Did you walk here all by yourself?"

She got up and continued to walk a little, while Billie remained by her side. Just as she was ready to go, she heard a faint whistle. She remained silent, debating whether to respond, but then she remembered why she had come back. She answered, To make things better, not worse. Florence turned to face her, standing where she was, silent. As Y/n moved slowly towards Florence through the forest, Billie went ahead. When Florence saw Y/n, her mouth dropped; she had no idea what to do or how to feel. As Y/n appeared in front of her, she was expecting to hear a single phrase or perhaps simply an action, but all she got was shock.

Y/n: "Hi?"

She smiled as she said it, expecting a response, but instead she got a hard slap across her cheek. As her face started to sting from the force of her smack, Y/n covered it with her palm. Florence realised what she had done after a minute and questioned why slapping someone had been her initial course of action.

Y/n: "WHAT WAS THAT!?"

Florence: "I don't know?"

Y/n: "Jeez, you've become violent over the years."

Florence: "How-what? Omg, I'm seeing things now! OMG!!"

Y/n: "How are you seeing things when YOU JUST SLAPPED ME, YOU ASSHOLE?"

The wind whispering through the trees was the only sound audible when the silence fell. Florence stepped forward, a tear streaming down her face as she grabbed Y/n's face in her hands.

Florence: "You're here. You're real."

Y/n: "I'm here... and I'm not going anywhere."

She hugged Y/n tightly and started to cry. She didn't believe she would ever see her smile or receive her favourite hug again, but she was mistaken—her entire world had returned to her. She was just glad to have her best friend back in her arms, not concerned with how or why. After some time, Y/n released her grip and peered over Florence's shoulder to see the stone that read, "Beloved Daughter, Sister, and Best Friend." She stepped past her, crouching and tracing her finger over the inscription, her tears not stopping. As Florence sat next to her, she glanced over her shoulder and pulled her in for another embrace. They simply enjoyed each other's company while sitting in total stillness beneath the tree. Y/n brushed away the last of her tears, noting disbelief in her eyes.

Y/n: "I know you have a lot of questions, and I know you want to know how I'm here and alive."

Florence: "Honestly, I couldn't care as long as you're by my side, and ok, that's all I care about. But I really do want to know what happened to you and others."

Y/n: "Well, get comfortable, because this is going to be a long story."

The sun was slowly sinking into the sky after a few hours. Y/n has provided explanations ever since they arrived at the location. Florence didn't realise how strange and crazy everything sounded, and she was feeling confused. Even though Y/n knew Florence would sound untrue, she could trust her enough to know that she wasn't lying. Florence could tell that everything came from the memories and the heart. Y/n did not hesitate or miss anything. When she finally reached the section regarding the death, Y/n wanted to make sure Scarlett wasn't at fault. She aspired to act morally. She had to get back to her folks at home. Scarlett was more valuable at the moment, in her eyes, even if Y/n had relatives as well