Time

Third POV -

Chris awoke abruptly at four in the morning, while it was still entirely dark outside. He knocked on Robert, Lizzie, and Scarlett's doors to tell them it was time to go. He dashed over, retrieved four cups, filled them with just-brewed coffee, and placed them on the other side of the bench so the others could have them. They approached the stairs one by one, fully clothed and prepared for action. Jogging over to the garage, Downey double-checked to see if the machine was turned off. Chris, Scarlett, and Lizzie reached for the keys and hopped into the car, waiting for Downey to hurry up so they could get out and return before everyone else got up. As Chris pulled out of the driveway, he leapt onto the passenger side and made his way towards the only reliable sorcerer. The four of them desired to visit, not only to retrieve the stone but also to offer one more favour before departing from this world and regretting not having asked for the one thing that would have brought happiness to the one they truly loved one more. Each of them exited the vehicle. Parking it just in front of the building, opening the doors wide, and drawing his attention without even attempting to knock.

Stephen: "Hello, back again so soon?"

Scarlett: "You can change the past, right?"

Stephen: "No... Not really. Why?"

Evans: "You mentioned that you could travel to different universes at different times, Y/n lost her parents five years ago."

Stephen: "Yes, I can; I don't see your point."

Lizzie: "Can you go to our universe and bring back Y/n's parents?"

Stephen: "No."

Scarlett: "But you just said you could."

Stephen: "Yes, I am capable of doing it. However, you must realise that there is a price, which none of you would likely accept."

Rdj: "We'll do anything to make her reunite with her family again."

Stephen: "You must lose to gain. That's the price."

Scarlett: "That doesn't make any sense?"

Stephen: "To put it another way, I could either erase every memory you all have of her and give her back to her family the way it was, but she will always remember you all, or I could leave things exactly as they are and she would continue her relationship with you guys."

Lizzie: "It's a win-or-lose situation, no matter what we do."

Stephen: "I'm sorry, but that's the price that goes with the spell; that's why I don't want to cast it."

Evans: "Can you give us a minute?"

Stephen: "Of course."

Rdj: "As long as she still keeps the memories she has of all of us, she'll do anything to make us remember."

Evans: "She deserves to have a family back. Even if she loses us, she still has those memories."

Lizzie: "You guys are forgetting that we are just going to lose her, and we are going to look at her like a total stranger."

Scarlett: "She'll find her way back to us again, and she'll be back in our arms in no time."

Evans: "If we do this, how long do we have before we lose our memories?"

Stephen: "Don't worry, I will cast it once the time is right. Now what is your final decision?"

All of them locked eyes, all agreeing with the same answer.

Rdj: "for you to bring back her parents."

Stephen: "That would mean you and your friends who know and love her... will have no memory of her; it will be as though she never existed in your lives."