Reality

Chris Hemsworth POV -

When I proclaim that time travel is the world's greatest invention, it's a pain in the ass, not because swimming around hurts like a bitch to make sure we go through the exact time frames. Peggy and I both collapsed onto the hard concrete, gasping for air. Instead of activating the time-travel suit, I touched the panel on my wrist to put on my Thor suit.

Peggy: "First time, time travel, and that will be my last time."

Chris: "Agree."

Peggy: "Okay, we are in Asgard 2013."

Chris: "Exactly when we need to be, follow me; I know where we can find the stone."

Peggy: "Right behind you."

Considering there aren't many guards stationed there, I found it easier to enter around the back. Loki seemed virtually amused by his metal thing when I saw him lying down on his cell bed. As I double-checked to make sure everything was okay to run, Peggy went across first.

Chris: "Jane should be up with my mother, who is dead."

Peggy: "Chris, remember, none of this is real; she isn't your mother."

Chris: "Yes, yes, that's right. None of it is real."

We hid behind the sandstone tower, perfectly merging with the wall, to avoid drawing attention to ourselves. Jane waited for the maidan to give her her clothes as she stood at the door. Peggy prepared the tiny capsule she was holding by uploading it.

Peggy: "This is what we are going to do right now. You're going to remain your adorable self while I poke her with this thing, take out the reality stone, and try to get us out of here as soon as possible. It's not necessary for Loki to be our cell pal."

Chris: "Hey! Loki is a fantastic person."

Peggy: "Maybe in your world, but not ours. Quit being so loud."

Chris: "I'M NOT BEING LOUD; I LIKE TO BE DRAMAT."

Peggy: "What's wrong? Who are you looking at?"

Chris: "That would be Thor's mother; today is the day he loses her."

Peggy: "That's today."

Chris: "I feel bad for the guy who always loses."

Peggy: "Hey, look on the bright side, you still have your brother... hopefully."

Chris: "I'm just going to stay here; make sure no one else goes in after you."

Peggy: "I always have to do everything myself."

The wooden door closes softly, and I slide down the wall. I hear some voices in the distance, but I don't pay any attention to them until they grow closer to me and become louder. I get up, and, despite the fact that I look just like the Thor that everyone in Asgard is familiar with, I duck behind the sandstone pole, looking both ways to make sure I'm not discovered.

Frigga: "What on earth do you think you're doing?"

Chris: "OMG! Don't sneak up on me, Mother."

Frigga: "I'm sorry, but you seem lost. Is everything alright?"

Chris: "Yes, yes, everything is quite fine; thank you."

Frigga: "No, I don't think you are okay, son; I'm here."

Although I had no idea where she was heading, I knew I could follow her. She would have done anything for Thor in the movies. Whether her brothers were Frost Giants or Asgarden, I will always remember her as the mother who did everything in her power to raise them. All a mother could hope for is that her child gave it her all. Frigga let me in through the wooden door. She stood up, waiting for me to strike up a conversation, and I sat down on the bed, realising that my room was still exactly like it seemed in the movies.

Chris: "I hate that I'm just standing around doing nothing, not helping the team out like I should, if I did more than what I did. Maybe, just maybe, we would be back at home. Just some idiot with a hammer."

Frigga: "You're not an idiot; you're here; aren't you getting what you need to head back to where you need to go?"

Chris: "I am, yes."

Frigga: "idiot, no. A failure, yes."

Chris: "That's a bit harsh."

Frigga: "Do you know what that makes you, just like everyone else?"

Chris: "I promised a girl; therefore, I'm not trying to be like everyone else. I can tell by the expression on her face. We are approaching the fifth month of our stay here, and when she learned how long we had been here, I had promised to stay for no more than three weeks."

Frigga: "Everyone fails to keep a promise, Thor, but you can fix it by getting what you need and hurrying up; stop wasting time."

Peggy: "CHRIS! I got it. Hi."

Frigga: "Hello, you must be Thor's friend."

Peggy: "I'm pretty sure I am, Peggy Carter. I got the thing; come on, we gotta go."

Chris: "I enjoyed talking to you again, Mother."

Frigga: "I loved every second of it; now you go be the man you're meant to be."

Chris: "Thank you for everything."

Peggy: "We're leaving in 3... 2... 1..."

The helmet hides our faces, and our suits come back over our Avengers suits. I immediately hit the shrink button, and Peggy activated the compound's location and the appropriate time frame, returning us both to the quantum realm.