A Soul For a Soul

Third POV -

Scarlett: "Nothing was going to stop her, Lizzie. You know Y/n. She made her choice, and we're going to have to find a way to live with that."

Lizzie: "I loved her so much."

Scarlett: "Me too."

As Wong entered, the image on the globe turned to smoke, leaving Strange frozen. Wong had previously approached Stephen when he was staring blankly at the crystal sphere. After two days, Wong could take no more; he was tired of having to cover for everyone since Stephen was turning down their help requests.

Wong: "You've been staring at that globe for hours, more like days!"

Stephen: "I know Wong, I'm just looking at something."

Wong: "Something or someone."

Stephen: "You always have to know everything. Don't you?!"

Wong: "What did you do, Strange?"

Stephen: "To cut a lengthy story short, I accidentally made a gateway to the wrong universe, brought some people to ours, and provided them with a means of escape. However, at times obstacles arise, and sometimes people die."

Wong: "What was the last part?"

Stephen: "Someone died, and I'm just checking in on their universe to see how they are coping."

Wong: "STRANGE!"

Stephen: "I know, I know."

Wong: "NO! You don't know. You always make people suffer for your mistakes. Strange, maybe once in your life, instead of making mistakes, make things right."

With perfect knowledge of what to do this time, Stephen clicked his finger in the air. He was going to set the record straight. His cloak floated down towards him and wrapped itself around his outfit's blue collar as he raised his arm in the air. He made an entrance for himself, stepped through it, and turned his back on Wong. The portal shuts, and he finds himself within the Avengers compound, where two men, Maria, Peggy, and a fourth woman are standing, aiming bows and arrows at Stephen. He puts up his hands in defence, signalling that none of them will be harmed.

Stephen: "Hi Maria, Peggy, good to see you again. Hope, Scott, and Clint put down the weapons; I'm not here for that."

Clint: "I don't know who you are or why you know our names, but something you need to know is that I never miss; if you don't start talking in the next two seconds, you and I are going to have a problem."

Maria: "Clint, don't worry, he's with us."

Stephen: "Thank you! Now, as I was about to say, I'm Doctor Stephen Strange; I mean, no harm; all I'm here for are two stones, which I'm sure you all know as the time and soul stones."

Hope: "And what could you possibly need with those stones?"

Stephen: "Well, for one, the time stone belongs to me, and I think it's right; it goes back where it belongs."

Scott: "The time stone we understand, but why the soul stone?"

Stephen: "What is this one hundred question quiz? I need the soul stone for something that doesn't concern any of you! I just need the stones, and I'll be on my way."

Peggy ignored the looks she was receiving from Clint and Hope as she approached the red gauntlet and took out the two stones for Stephen. She gave the time stone to Strange first. Opening Agamotto's eye, Stephen raised the time stone into the air. The eye closed itself, and the stone floated through it. He accepted the soul stone from Maria. With hope that his plan would succeed, he looked down and noticed the orange light in his palms. He turned to face everyone and grinned as he prepared to construct another portal to the location he needed to travel, but before the spark could form, Peggy said something.