Two Years, No Contact

Third POV -

After what felt like hours of walking, Chris stopped Y/n, patted his shoulder, and told her she could jump on his back because he could tell she was growing tired of walking. Without any delay, Y/n attacked him head-on, causing him to slightly stubble. She settled into a comfortable position, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms over his neck. In case Y/n fell back, Lizzie stepped behind him so that she could easily catch her. Alexei Yelena and Scarlett were in front of everyone in complete silence.

Alexei: "We're here."

A distant old home was visible to all of them as they peered down the mountain. As they all gently descended the hill, Y/n leapt into Lizzie's arms and helped herself down. They saw a metal barrier separating them from the women—whom everyone knows but who are not from this world.

Alexei: "Honey, we're home, come on."

Scarlett wouldn't dare look at anyone but Yelena. Evans reached to put his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to console her, but she slapped him back. Lizzie strolled besides her as they made their way to the home, but Scarlett remained silent when Lizzie approached her alone. Yelena and Alexei were familiar with Natasha as a reserved person, but they were unaware of the outgoing Scarlett. For people who saw her in that way, it was a major change. Y/n was aware that something was wrong, but she was hesitant to ask any questions. 

Melina: "Welcome to my humble abode, make yourself at home. Let's have a drink. Who's your friend besides Captain America?"

Yelena: "Hannah Stark and Wanda Maximoff."

Melina: "Melina."

Yelena took Y/n by the hand and dragged her to the dinner table, where Scarlett and Alexei were the only ones behind them. After Y/n turned to look for Scarlett, she noticed that she was in the kitchen with Melina.

Scarlett: "Hey! No funny business."

Melina: "I'm putting away my weapon."

Evans: "Where did Alexei go?"

Yelena: "Who knows, who cares?"

Melina and Scarlett came in and grabbed a seat after collecting a few food and drink items. Melina is seated next to Lizzie, and Scarlett is seated close to Chris. Melina heard only grunting from the bathroom behind them as she poured drinks for everyone. With her eyes rolling, Yelena prepared to hit him in the face once more.

Melina: "Let's drink. Hannah, would you like water?"

Y/n: "Uh yeah, water would be great."

Melina was ready to refill everyone's drinks when Alexei emerged from the restroom wearing his Red Guardian suit.

Alexei: "Still fits."

Lizzie: "Oh, my god."

Melina: "I never washed it once, come and drink."

With everyone's attention on Alexei and Melina, Y/n gave Scarlett a faint smile by placing her palm over hers. Scarlett lowered her gaze as she saw Y/n's hand swiftly yanking it away.

Y/n: "What's wrong?"

Scarlett: "stop"

Y/n: "What's your problem?"

Alexei: "Family back together again and with extras."

Melina: "Mmm, seeing as our family construct was just a calculated ruse that only lasted three years, I don't think that we can use this term anymore, can we?"

Scarlett: "Agreed, that's not important, so here's what's going to happen."

Alexei: "Okay, Avengers reunion then, huh? I want to say something right off the bat. You haven't aged a day, you're just as beautiful and as supple as the day they staged our marriage."