We'll say Hello again

Third POV -

Florence regained satisfaction with her achievements. She felt good about it all—getting them all out of their houses, getting back out into society, and providing a little help to Scarlett. Her two bags were stuffed with purchases as she knew Y/n wouldn't be wearing Marvel pyjamas tonight.

Y/n: "What's this?"

Florence: "A dress for this evening. Since I was aware that you were bringing nothing, I made the decision to buy you something."

Y/n: "That is so kind of you; Imma, go try it on!"

Y/n hurried up to the bathroom and changed into it. She turned to face herself in the mirror, beaming broadly and spinning around with delight at the decision Florence had made for her. The dress is green, V-necked, and has a side slit that runs to the back. Y/n saw her preparing the salads and roast for tonight as she walked back down. All the time, Florence was the group's chef. Florence enjoys teaching her friends and admirers how to make her dishes and spending time in the kitchen.

Y/n: "How do I look?"

Florence: "OMG! Look at how grown-up you are. YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL OLD!"

Y/n: "HOW? You're literally 27; you still look like you're 19!"

Florence: "EXACTLY, OLD!"

Y/n: "You're such an idiot."

Florence: "Yeah, yeah. Ok, go get changed. I need your help. Once I see a car pull up, I need you out of sight."

Y/n: "Got it."

Y/n changed back into her clothing from yesterday after taking off the dressing; however, she didn't have time to prepare anything before leaving the country. She booked a trip and was on her way because she was so frightened. She took Florence's apron and set to work chopping salads. Florence went to her speaker and started to play her music while they carried on with the cooking. There were times when they would dance around the kitchen, having the best time of their lives, and other times when they would use a wood spoon to sing the words. Florence was dancing out at one point and simply stood there, staring at Y/n. She never imagined that she would be happy or in this moment again. Y/n would stop at nothing to make someone smile or simply laugh, no matter what circumstances they were in. She always made the people that mattered to her happy.

After everything was ready, Florence cleared the dishes and let Y/n get ready, knowing that she would take the longest. Little did Florence realise, though, that Y/n intentionally took her time. She was applying her makeup when her terror struck. She shut her door and heard unfamiliar voices downstairs. With her outfit on, Florence greeted each person at the entrance. That everyone showed up—even Kevin—surprised her. She saw that someone was missing, and sure enough, that someone was—and everyone turned to greet Colin, Rose, and Scarlett as the door suddenly opened, signalling that she had finally emerged from her cave. Lizzie appeared somewhat more cheerful than she had previously. Florence hired others to distribute the beverages as they went around, allowing her to focus on other things and have more time to mingle. Florence thought it was time to let Y/n out after about an hour. She excused herself to go to the restroom and stopped talking to Hailee. She proceeded to walk up the stairs to her room and gave Y/n two gentle taps on the door to indicate that she was alone. As she slid in and locked it behind her, the door slightly opened.

Florence: "Well, don't you look gorgeous!"

Y/n: "Uhhh, thanks."

Florence: "What's wrong?"

Y/n: "I'm panicking!"

Florence: "No, don't harm yourself in this way; all it will do is cause you unnecessary anguish. Come on, let's both inhale deeply. Ready... Take a deep breath in, and release the breath."