Sometimes Goodbye's are Forever

Y/N's POV -

My eyes suddenly lit up, startling me out of slumber. A beeping noise kept beeping next to me, so I massaged my eyes a little. I sat up and looked around, unsure of my location. Everything was different; Florence was nowhere to be seen, and this was not the room where I fell asleep. The meteor next to me became louder the more frightened I became.

Y/n: "Florence! Lizzie, Scarlett! Robert, Evans?"

???: "Hey, it's ok... It's ok, do you know where you are?"

My eyesight continued to play up. Even though I could hardly see who was speaking to me, I knew it wasn't one of my relatives. She gave me a few minutes to get my vision back to normal, which I luckily did. At that point, I noticed a doctor with a clipboard standing right there.

Dr. Anastasia Blunt: "Hi Sweetheart, I'm Dr. Anastasia Blunt."

Y/n: "Like, Emily Blunt's sister? Are you related to her?"

Dr. Anastasia Blunt: "I get that a lot, but sadly, no. Anyway, do you think you could tell me your name and birthday?"

Y/n: "My name is Y/n Y/l/n. My birthday is February 27th, 2006."

Dr. Anastasia Blunt: "Okay, great. Do you know where you are?"

Y/n: "Obviously a hospital. Look, I understand you have to go through all the procedures, but I don't understand why I am here."

Dr. Anastasia Blunt: "Y/n, you've been in a severe car accident."

Y/n: "That's impossible; I was at home with my family."

Dr. Anastasia Blunt: "I know you're confused about everything right now, but you've been unconscious for six weeks. We're shocked that you're awake, and from what I can tell, you've improved over the previous few weeks."

Y/n: "I-... six weeks. That's- What?"

My thoughts were racing when two individuals burst in. My gaze traced the needles in my veins to my heart, and there stood the two parents I lost so many years ago. I lost track of my previous motivations for returning here as soon as I saw them. It didn't matter to me. For the first time since that day, I had the two people I had missed. My mother hugged me from the other side as my father ran up and embraced me on the side.

Dr. Anastasia Blunt: "I'll leave you guys to catch up, but good news: from all these tests, you are safe to go home from here."

Mum: "Thank you so much."

Y/n: "How are you guys here?"

Dad: "What are you talking about? We haven't left your side since; you just haven't been awake to realise it."

Y/n: "No, but... You know what? Never mind, I'm just so glad you guys are here and safe. I have missed you so much."

Mum: "Same, my darling."

Y/n: "Hey, where are we?"

Dad: "The hospital?"

Y/n: "Nah, really. What I mean is Sydney, Los Angeles?"

Dad: "Why would we be in Los Angeles when we are in Sydney, Australia?"

Y/n: "No reason."

As I was getting ready to depart, my dad went downstairs to sign me out. I'm still not sure how I ended up back here, even if I managed to get my parents back. Nevertheless, I'm not worried since I know that either Downey or Scarlett will call me.

As I got inside the car, I tossed my luggage into the seat next to me. As soon as the car started, my mother handed me my phone back. I was a little irritated since I immediately jumped onto it and saw that it was dead. I merely imagined them while I peered out the window; I was not thinking about anything else. I saw them yesterday at dinner, and I still think about them, but that doesn't change the fact that I miss them, even though I have everything I could possibly desire right here. I'm wondering how in the world I managed to get here from there in such a short period of time.