140.

nobody's pov
november 3rd
12:05 pm

for the past few weeks it hasn't been much for the friend group, as they all were invested in schooling and being able to hang out with each other. however, a week or so ago, dakota ended up confessing to nalani and kai about her feelings, which didn't really shock the two girls, but they've been keeping it very quiet with the rest of the group as they didn't want to spike anything, nor go against dakota's boundaries. kai and nalani were the only two who knew, while the rest didn't really have any suspicions as they just figured dakota and hana were best friends like everyone else, except for koji: but the boy didn't want his suspicions to become true.

today was now friday, and over the weekend it was kaui and daehyun's birthday party. the two boys were trying to figure out a perfect day for the group, as they wanted to celebrate with everyone.

hana and dakota walked up to the group, with their arms linked as they were engaged in a conversation until the group greeted them.

"now that everyone's here," daehyun said, as he rested his head in the palm of his hands, "what does everyone think about saturday night being the night kaui and i throw our party?"

"saturday?" dakota questioned, as she thought about her plans, "i can't do saturday, i have an art show on saturday."

hana let out a gasp, "you have an art show?" she asked, "can i come?"

"i'd rather you go celebrate kaui and daehyun's birthday." dakota responded, "you can come to my art show another time."

"we can work around it so hana can come." kaui mentioned to the girl, who shook her head.

"they usually never end until late, and i don't want to make you guys have to wait until next weekend." dakota told the boy, "because i highly doubt any of you will drink on a sunday night."

"how did you know alcohol would be involved?" daehyun questioned the younger.

"it's you two." she said, making daehyun point at her and say 'true.' the girl then looked over at hana, who had a sad expression on her face. "oh come on, don't give me that look." the elder sighed, "i promise, you can come to my art show another time."

"can i at least come early in the day?" hana questioned, "i want to show support."

dakota stared at the younger, "fine." she said, giving in. hana let out a cheer, clapping her hands together after getting her way. dakota shook her head in response, "you're not allowed to stay there for long though, i want you to enjoy the party."

hana hummed a response, "and when i refuse to leave?"

"why would you refuse to leave when you can hangout with me and our friend group?" koji questioned the girl, furrowing his eyebrows at her.

"oh." hana softly said, "right!" she said with a smile on her face, unlocking her arm with dakota as she went to sit next to koji, "i was only kidding, i just like pestering dakota."

dakota smiled sadly at the younger, as she then turned to kaui and daehyun, "i really am sorry that i can't come to your birthday celebration, but i will be sure to get you two birthday gifts."

"it's alright dakota, don't worry about it." kaui reassured with a smile on his face, "your art show is a lot more important than our birthday, because not being able to celebrate it with you just means a longer celebration period for daehyun and i."

daehyun let out a gasp, pointing at the younger, "you're right." he agreed, "birthday week celebration for kaui and i."

leo tapped kaui's shoulder, "we should have our group planned date sometime this week, that way it'll be part of the birthday week celebration."