95.

nobody's pov
october 14th
12:00 pm

it was lunch time, and all day, daehyun has been able to avoid any questions that his friends were asking him, however, they brought it up again at lunch.

"call me stupid but i've just realized that daehyun has a bandaid on his face." nalani spoke up, looking at the boy, "ready to pursue that actor career?"

daehyun laughed at the girl, shaking his head, "i'm surprised you just noticed it, everyone else has." the boy then paused, "though, your korean drama reference isn't original, sorry."

nalani gasped, as she then pouted, "no fair, i wish i was the first."

"how did you really get that cut, kang daehyun?" phan questioned, "because something about the whole getting smacked in the face by kaui with his wii remote isn't adding up."

kaui looked up, pausing, "the wii remote was broken." he lied, "so, the broken plastic cut his face and boom, korean bad boy."

"someone put this man in a drama. actually, you know what's a really good drama? love alarm." minh spoke up, trying to switch the topic.

ryu, minh, and kaui had been the only ones that knew what really happened to daehyun, considering daehyun didn't want to worry anyone else.

"how'd you break a wii remote?" jian questioned, furrowing his eyebrows, "you can break wii remotes?"

ryu shook his head, "instead of daehyun's future career, you know what we should focus on? the math test that we have tomorrow." ryu mentioned, rolling his eyes, "why must we have a math test?"

leo's eyes widened at the reminder, tapping kaui's shoulder, "are we still on for tomorrow?"

kaui exchanged glances with daehyun, who shrugged at the younger. kaui cleared his throat, "yeah, but it's your house, right? not mine?"

leo nodded, "and you're staying for dinner too, right?"

"duh, your boyfriend has to experience what your parents are like." daehyun said, making kaui know that he was fine with the younger leaving him alone.

leo laughed at the elder, "not my boyfriend yet, just friends who have a possible interest in each other and are reserved for each other."

the group then went on a different topic, however phan couldn't stop wondering about what truly happened to daehyun. the younger then held the elder's face, turning it so that he'd look at him. daehyun paused, glancing at the younger as he slowly ate, "what are you doing?"

"how'd you really get a cut on your face?" phan questioned, "cause i'm not believing your shit."

daehyun cleared his throat, as he finished eating, "there's a possibility my father found out." he said softly.

the younger let out a gasp, "your father hit you?" he questioned, gaining the attention of the table.

"woah, that was from your father?" tuah asked, "i kinda believed the wii remote lie."

the elder nervously laughed, cracking his fingers out of a nervous habit. phan sighed out, wrapping his arms around the elder and kissing his cheek, "i'm sorry that happened to you, and i'm sorry i'm the cause."

daehyun tried his best to not let his feelings get to him, but the boy couldn't help it as tears started to form in his eyes. hyunsoo looked over, seeing daehyun trying his best to fight back tears. the younger let out a gasp, as he quickly got up and walked over to the elder and wrapped his arms from around the boy, resting his head on top of daehyun's head, "hyunnie thinks daedae is a really cool big brother, and his bandaid on his face shows how much of a strong person he is."