78.

nobody's pov
september 13th
12:30 pm

it was the third week in for the group, and they were all discussing their plans for the weekend as they ate their food.

"so, hyunnie, are you excited for your birthday?" daehyun questioned the younger, taking a sip of his drink.

jian immediately looked up, staring at the boy with wide eyes. hyunsoo nodded his head, thinking nothing of it as he ate his food, "i can't wait to see my sister after school today."

"soojin is flying in today?" kai asked, earning another nod from hyunsoo. the girl clapped her hands together, turning to nalani and grabbing her hands, "soojin's coming!"

"i know, princess." nalani laughed, "and we're gonna see her."

kai smiled brightly, letting go of nalani's hands as he turned to her own food, taking a bite and doing a dance as she ate. hana laughed at the younger, lookin at hyunsoo, "looks like kai is more excited than you."

"probably." hyunsoo joked, "it's cause she doesn't have to live with her."

"doesn't have to hear her blasting twice at three in the morning." jian told the younger, which he laughed at.

hyunsoo set down his lunch, doing the dance to likey. jian giggled at the boy, joining him in the short dance session. once the boys stopped, they laughed together as hyunsoo turned to jian, "i likey you."

jian gasped at the younger, covering his mouth, "i likey you too."

hyunsoo smiled, switching his attention to his food, as he picked his lunch up again and ate it. "though, i likey dinosaur chicken nuggets more." hyunsoo told the elder, quickly getting a reaction from him. the younger continuously giggled while jian stared at him, "it's a joke."

"i don't think it's a joke." jax told the younger, drinking his juice, "suspicious."

"very." koji nodded in agreement.

"it's fine, i'll just go find someone new to crush on." jian threatened, "easy move on."

hyunsoo shook his head, grabbing jian by his arm and pulling him closer. jian looked over, "oh, so you wanna love on me now?"

the younger nodded, as he finished eating and grabbed both the boy's arms, putting them around himself. hyunsoo then hugged jian back, "no finding someone new."

"honestly, can't be mad at him." ryu confessed, "i would pick dino nuggets too."

"yeah, you would let another boy kiss you too, so." minh sassed the younger, who rolled his eyes, meanwhile kaui started laughing.

nalani started laughing with kaui, hitting the boy's shoulder for making her laugh, which only made the boy laugh harder.

"you're a jerk." nalani told the elder through her laughter.

"i know." kaui agreed, continuing to laugh.

tuah shook his head, looking at kai and minh who were staring at the two, exchanging looks with each other. the boy raised his eyebrows, taking a sip of his water, "so hyunnie, what do you want for your birthday?"

the young boy hummed, "dino nuggies."

"so you want all of us to give you dino nuggets?" hana questioned the younger that nodded his head.

"okay but like, no." phan said, "we have to give you something you'd like."

"dino nuggies." hyunsoo repeated, "give me dino nuggies."

"something you'd like and you could have a connection with because of how wholesome it is." koji mentioned.

the younger paused, shrugging, "stuffed animals and nail polish."

"i'm just gonna give you photos of me." jian told the boy.

hyunsoo gasped, looking up at jian, "wait really?" he asked, "please, can you?"

"i was joking, but if you want me to i will." jian responded.

"give me a stuffed animal too, so that way i can tape your photo onto the stuffed animal and whenever we're not together and i miss you, i can hug the stuffed animal." hyunsoo explained, giving jian an idea.

the elder nodded his head, "i pick the stuffed animal though."

hyunsoo nodded back in agreement, focusing his attention back on the group.

"you know what's funny?" ryu mentioned.

"not you." daehyun immediately responded.

ryu clicked his tongue, rolling his eyes at the elder's response. "at least i don't have homophobic parents."

"that's literally your comeback every single time." daehyun shook his head, "get a new comeback."

nalani laughed at daehyun's sentence, wrapping her arm around kai and pulling the girl closer, "he said i've been known, and i'm sick of it."

"do you think there's conversion camp for homophobic parents?" hana asked, "there should be."

"that's a whole uno reverse." phan mentioned, "i live for it."

"anyway, my joke." ryu changed the topic back, "what do you call an imposing noodle?"

"no." minh told the younger.

ryu stared at the boy, as he then did finger guns, "an impasta!"

jax and hyunsoo laughed at the joke, meanwhile the rest of the group was quiet, staring at ryu.

"that's it, i hate this group besides jax and hyunsoo." ryu pouted, "y'all suck."

"and so do your jokes." tuah shook his head, "weak."

the boy let out a sigh, going back to his food, "i hate this family."

hana laughed at ryu, as she drank her water, "and we love you too."

authors note:
bruh i've only slept two hours ok time to pass out gnight