85.

nobody's pov
october 3rd
1:55 pm

the students were sitting at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to come pick them up. phan had been biting on his nails, considering him and daehyun changed the time to after school, since daehyun's father wouldn't be home all day.

"hey, phan," jian spoke up to the boy, "what did the sushi say to the bee?" he questioned, getting the elder's attention, "wassabee!"

phan let out a soft laugh at the younger, "that's a pretty lame joke."

jian gasped at the boy's response, "what do you call someone short?"

"i don't know, what?" phan raised an eyebrow.

"seo hyunsoo." jian laughed, earning a glare from hyunsoo.

the younger stood up, grabbing jian's hands and pulling him up. he then turned jian around, as he turned around himself and stood back to back, "someone measure."

kaui got up, going over to the two boys and putting their heads next to each other. the elder made sure they were standing straight, as kaui swiped his hand above the boy's heads. "jian, you have an inch on hyunsoo." kaui informed the two.

hana gasped at the information, "i didn't think hyunsoo grew that much."

kai got up from nalani's gasp, grabbing hyunsoo's hand and pulling him from jian, as she then spun him around and turned around herself. she then patted both their heads, gasping as she pulled away and turned the boy back around, "we're the same height, hyunnie!" she practically squealed.

"hyunnie is growing." koji said, in a shocked town.

"wait, what height was hyunsoo at before?" daehyun questioned, wrapping his arm around phan to comfort the boy.

"four nine." jian responded, coming up from behind hyunsoo and resting his arms on the boy's shoulders, putting his hands on top of hyunsoo's head.

daehyun's jaw dropped, "hyunnie was tiny."

phan nodded his head, hugging onto daehyun. tuah glanced at the two boys, "phan, you'll be okay." he reassured the elder, "i promise, things will definitely be okay."

jax agreed with tuah, "besides, i'm sure daehyun would say something if she even dared to be homophobic."

daehyun laughed at jax, nodding his head, "i definitely would."

hyunsoo escaped jian's grasp, sitting down next to phan, patting his head, "you'll be okay."

phan nodded his head, as the group continued to wait for the bus. the bus then arrived, as they all got on and sat in the back. minh and ryu ended up getting bored on the bus, so ryu pulled out his nintendo switch.

kaui gasped at the boy's, "ryu, you brought your switch to school?"

ryu nodded his head, "what do you think i do when i go to the bathroom?"

"so that's why you take forever." minh nodded, "you're busy playing super mario."

"can't judge me, it's fun." the younger shrugged.

daehyun overheard their conversation, turning to phan, "i have a switch at my house, we can play it when we get there."

phan nodded his head, "okay, sounds fun."

daehyun smiled at the younger, seeing that he was still nervous. the elder sighed out, grabbing phan's face and holding it softly, "i would never subject you to something that's traumatized you. if i knew my mom would say something, i wouldn't ever let you meet her. i promise you'll be okay."