38.

nobody's pov
june 10th
11:00 pm

jian laid in the bed he was sharing with hyunsoo, staring at the ceiling as hyunsoo was sleeping away on his chest. the boy had his hand in hyunsoo's hair, running his fingers through the boy's hair. jian couldn't sleep, and he was unsure why. as he was running his fingers through hyunsoo's hair, he looked over at the boy, admiring how cute he was. jian leaned down, pressing his lips against hyunsoo's forehead before escaping the boy's grasp. the elder replaced himself with a pillow, putting it in between the younger's arms before leaving the room and going downstairs.

as jian was going downstairs, he heard noise coming from the kitchen. the boy quietly walked over, peering out behind the wall and seeing minho looking for a snack.

the past few days, minho has been warming up to jian. not a lot, considering he was still lowkey an asshole to the kid, but he was now talking to the kid more often. jian took this as an opportunity to possibly get closer, as minho did remind him of xun, and he surprisingly found comfort in the elder.

"hi minho, is it late night snack time?" the younger asked, walking up to the elder.

minho jumped, not expecting anyone to be awake at this hour. the boy looked over, putting his hand over his chest, "what the fuck are you doing awake?"

"i couldn't sleep and got hungry." he started to explain, "and i saw that you were up, so i was wondering if you wanted to have a snack with me."

the elder scoffed at the younger, shaking his head, "i would never share food with you, five feet."

"oh, come on." jian pouted, "how could you ever say no to this face?"

minho stared at the younger, trying his best to not give into the pouting boy. the elder let out an irritated groan, grabbing two boxes of cereal, "cheerios or fruity pebbles?"

"fruity pebbles." jian smiled, walking over to the table and taking a seat.

minho nodded his head, putting the other cereal away. the elder ended up making the bowls of cereal himself, considering jian already sat down.

"thanks for the help." minho said, handing jian his bowl of cereal and sitting down next to him.

the younger let out a giggle, "you're welcome."

minho rolled his eyes, taking a bite of his cereal. the two quietly ate together, neither really saying a word for a good few minutes. eventually, minho got tired of the silence, as he paused his eating and looked over at jian, "so, why couldn't you sleep?"

jian took in a deep breath, shrugging. "i'm not sure." he confessed, "i'm thinking maybe i feel homesick, but i don't know."

"haven't you lived here before?" minho asked, stirring around in his cereal.

"yeah, but it's been so long since i've last been here." jian responded, "everything here feels new, even if i used to live here."

the elder hummed a response, "are you missing your siblings? because i can have soojin talk to xun for you."

"the problem is, i don't want to be without hyunsoo." jian sighed, "i already missed him so much, and i don't want to leave him again."

minho thought about it for awhile, "do you have any family here?" he asked, earning a nod, "maybe i can get soojin to get xun to take you and hyunsoo to your relatives, just so you feel more at home and comfortable?"

"really? you'd do that for me?" the younger questioned, looking at minho with hopeful eyes.

"well, i don't want you feeling scared and alone in a place you're no longer used to, so, yeah." minho nodded, "i want you to be comfortable, considering you're gonna be here for awhile."

"thank you, minho." jian softly smiled, pausing, "you know, you're not so bad, and you're actually really nice."

"it's too bad that i still don't like you." the elder lied, considering he did enjoy the younger.

jian pouted at minho, which made him laugh. the elder looked over, "are you finished?"

"yeah, it was really good, thank you." he said, getting up to put the bowl away, only to be stopped.

"i got it." minho said, getting up and taking his and jian's bowl, "you should get your rest now that you've had a snack."

jian nodded his head, heading towards the stairs. the younger then paused in his tracks, turning around, "goodnight, minho, and thank you for being here for me."

the elder softly smiled, finding the younger to be adorable. minho looked back at the younger, waving at him, "goodnight ji, and rest well."

"i will, thank you." he smiled, "goodnight again."

"goodnight."

authors note:
minho b liek: fuck u ji but i love u but u don't need to know that