27.

nobody's pov
may 20th
12:00 pm

things were going well for jian and hyunsoo. they both ended up confessing to each other over the weekend, leading to them becoming closer. most of the students had been content with everything, and things were slowly going back to normal. however, things weren't going so well with tuah.

hana studied the boy, as she saw him drift into a world filled with only thoughts that consumed his headspace.

"ay, t, what's on your mind?" she called out, setting her fork on top of her salad.

tuah snapped back to reality, looking at the girl, "huh?" he questioned, "it's nothing."

"it's nothing." hana mimicked in a deeper voice, "you're a liar."

"it's just the same stuff." the boy answered, his eyes looking at the table as he rubbed his arm.

"your boyfriend?" kai asked, tilting her head, "are you two still not talking?"

tuah sighed out, shaking his head. "i miss him so much." the elder confessed, "this whole needing time for ourselves thing is so stupid."

"say screw not talking, and go collect your boy." nalani encouraged the boy, "just talk to him."

"i want to, so badly." tuah responded, "but it's almost as if we're avoiding each other and it sucks." the boy's eyes moved to his hands, as he started to nervously play with them, "i just wish i could hold him— i want to hold him."

"then i'll be right back." hana said as she stood up, quickly gaining tuah's attention.

"where are you going?" tuah asked, looking up at the girl.

"getting your man." she said, pausing, "and koji too, but mainly jax."

tuah shook his head, "no, no, it's okay, you can sit down."

"listen, t, your problems aren't gonna solve themselves, so we need to fix this."  the girl explained, "so i'm gonna fix them- and you can't catch me so, bye!" hana said before running off.

"oh my god." tuah said aloud, "i hate but love her."

kai started giggling at the boy, "she's pretty much unstoppable." she said, "it's one of the reasons why i love her, she's really confident and makes things work out."

nalani shot a glance at kai, which only made the girl laugh even more, "i love her as a best friend, nana. chill." she said through her laughter.

nalani clicked her tongue as she nodded her head. kai rolled her eyes, grabbing nalani's hand, "she's straight, dumb dumb."

"i know." nalani responded, resting her head on kai's shoulder, "i'm just protective."

tuah smiled at the two, before looking around in the area surrounding, "i really hope she didn't go get jax."

"knowing her, she did." kai shrugged, "you'll be fine."

"hey loser, i need you." hana said as she walked up to jax, taking his book out of his hands.

"i was reading that." the boy looked up, shaking his head.

"i don't care." hana smiled, closing the book, "come on, its an emergency."

"you're not bleeding." jax pointed out, earning a groan from the girl.

"tuah misses you, dumb dumb." she shook her head, "so come on, let's go to your boy."

"but i'm not ready to tell him i like him." jax sighed out, "i still need more time."

"listen, nobody ever said you had to confess." she responded, "just, love on him for now." she told the boy, "and when you're ready, you can tell him you like him."

the boy thought about it for a minute, before giving into her and packing up his backpack. jax stood up, putting his backpack on. he then walked over to hana, taking the book out of her hands, "i'd like this, thank you."

"nice book on gay stuff." hana teased, "the movie is really good, i loved love simon."

"you're the gayest straight person i know." jax confessed to the girl, making her laugh.

the two proceeded their way back into the cafeteria, hana bringing koji along the way. once the three made it back to the table, hana brought jax over to tuah, tapping the elder's shoulder to gain his attention.

"you can thank me later." hana smiled, before walking over to koji and sitting down next to him.

jax stood by tuah, looking down at the boy. the younger boy felt immediately nervous, as he started to nervously crack his fingers.

"o-okay, w-well, i-i'm going to go no-"

tuah pulled the boy to sit down next to him, shaking his head. jax glanced over at tuah, before looking down at his own hands that were on top of his lap. tuah reached over, grabbing one of jax's hands and holding them. the younger boy looked at their intertwined hands, holding tuah's hand a little tighter. jax ended up resting his head on tuah's shoulder, and placing a leg on top of tuah's.

"i missed you." tuah spoke softly to the younger, "so much."

"i missed you more." jax responded, looking up at tuah, "i don't like being away from you."

"neither do i." the elder said, before placing a kiss on jax's cheek.

jax pulled away from the boy, looking at him, "that's gay, tuah." he teased.

"really?" tuah questioned, "because aren't you the boy who's constantly begging for me to give you love?"

"no." the younger shook his head, "that's my twin brother."

"then why are you holding my hand?" tuah tilted his head, "wouldn't this twin brother be upset to see you like this with me?"

jax paused for a moment, "maybe." he mumbled under his breath, "but i don't like him, so it's okay."

tuah started laughing at jax, which turned into a smile as he looked at the boy. jax looked at tuah, a smile falling upon his face before quickly looking away. tuah pulled the boy back with his free hand, laying jax's head on his shoulder.

"right where you belong." tuah said before resting his head on top of jax's.

jax smiled softly, holding tuah's hand a little tighter, "always."

authors note:
gay!