30.

nobody's pov
may 28th
9:00 am

jax walked into the classroom, running over to tuah and greeting the boy with a hug. the elder boy laughed at the action, looking up at the younger who was smiling brightly.

"good morning, cutie." tuah smiled, tapping the open seat next to him.

jax let go of tuah, sitting down next to him and placing his backpack underneath his desk. the younger boy held onto tuah's arm, resting his head on the boy's shoulder. jian looked up, smiling at the two, "so the teasing games ended?"

"for now." the elder responded, resting his head on top of jax's.

hyunsoo looked up at the two, cooing at the sight, "look at you two, being so cozy."

jax smiled, looking back to his old seat and seeing phan alone. the younger rolled his eyes, turning back to the three boys and resting his head back on top of tuah's shoulder. tuah pulled his arm away from jax, only to intertwine their fingers and hold hands.

"i hope we do nothing today." tuah confessed, "i want to stay like this."

"i hope it's another project." jian responded, "projects are fun."

"i hope i get to sleep." hyunsoo spoke up, "i went to bed super late last night."

"that was my fault." jian shook his head, "i'm sorry, hyunnie."

"it's okay." the younger smiled, "i like talking to you."

tuah awed at the sight, as he thought the two younger boys were the cutest. the teacher then interrupted the class, notifying them that today was another game. the boys were filled with excitement, as they knew game day meant they could do whatever.

"nap time." hyunsoo said, stretching his arms out before resting his head on top of his desk.

jian smiled at the younger, mimicking his actions. hyunsoo started giggling, shaking his head at the boy. jian only continued to smile, wrapping an arm around hyunsoo. tuah watched the two, finding them to be so cute, "the sweetest of boys."

jax looked at tuah, pouting at the boy, "i'm sweet, too."

tuah laughed at the boy, "you're very sweet, jax." he agreed, "my sweet boy."

the younger smiled at tuah's words, holding his hand tighter before looking at the games, "let's play uno again."

tuah had groaned out at jax's suggestion, "but you're such a cheater."

"you're just bad." jax responded, letting go of tuah's hand and getting up, "i'll be right back."

tuah nodded his head, before joining the two other boys in resting their head on top of the desk. the boy looked in the direction of where nalani, koji, and hana were. tuah furrowed his eyebrows, sitting up and turning to hyunsoo and jian, "where's kai?"

"she's getting her surgery." hyunsoo responded, sitting up as well, "well, she already got it, she's just recovering."

tuah let out a gasp, his eyes widening, "she already got surgery?" the boy questioned, "oh my god, that's so amazing for her."

"right?" hyunsoo agreed, "i'm so happy for her."

"so happy for who?" jax questioned, sitting down next to tuah as he started to shuffle the uno cards.

"kai." jian answered, sitting up and resting his head on hyunsoo's shoulder.

jax was confused as to why they were happy for the girl, until he put two and two together. the boy gasped out, taking his hands away from the uno deck and clasping his hands together, "did the procedure go well?"

hyunsoo nodded his head, raising his hand to jian's face and squishing the boy's cheeks. jian furrowed his eyebrows, taking hyunsoo's hand off of his face and looking at the boy's hand, "i've never realized how small your hands are."

the younger looked up at jian, taking his hand away, "leave my hands alone."

jian grabbed the younger's hand back, measuring it against his own and giggling, "tiny hand."

hyunsoo started pouting, gaining jian's attention. the elder let go of the boy's hand, kissing the boy's forehead instead, "it's very cute, i promise."

hyunsoo huffed out, crossing his arms over his chest. jian shook his head, wrapping an arm behind the younger and pulling him closer.

"you do realize, hyunnie is the shortest boy in this class, right?" tuah questioned, "he's a tiny baby."

"i think i'm the shortest in general." hyunsoo confessed, softly laughing, "even hana, nalani, and kai are taller than me."

"tiny boy." jax whispered out, returning back to the deck of cards and shuffling them.

the boy's then ended up playing many rounds of uno, which only convinced the three boys that jax was a cheater- considering he would constantly win. in the end, the boy's still had fun, and were really happy that things were going back to normal.

authors note:
i haven't updated in forever oops