68.

nobody's pov
september 4th
8:45 am

it was the first day at a new school, and most of the kids were nervous to say the least. for the past hour, they all explored the school, just so they could find their classes and not be lost once school officially goes in session.

"this school is big, it's scary." hyunsoo confessed as they walked around, "i don't like it."

jian wrapped an arm around the younger, kissing his cheek, "it's okay, you have all classes with me. i'll be right here, hyunnie."

the younger wrapped his arms around jian, hugging the boy's side, "don't leave me please."

"i won't." jian reassured the younger, "i promise i won't."

"i agree with hyunsoo though." kai confessed, "i'm already nervous and class isn't even in session."

"it'll be alright." nalani said, grabbing kai's hand, "i'll be here."

"i'm honestly pretty excited." tuah confessed, "at least it's an indoor school."

"but there's so many stairs." jax whined, "i miss summer already."

phan looked at his watch, "we have five more minutes left of summer." he said, turning to the group, "it went by too fast."

"at least we get a taste of summer for the last time this weekend when we celebrate hyunnie's birthday." hana pointed out, "that'll be fun."

koji nodded in agreement, "we should start heading back to homeroom." the boy suggested to the others, earning nods from the rest of them.

the group then walked back to their home room, so that way they wouldn't be late. thankfully the group made it back in time, just before the bell rang.

"goodbye summer, i'll miss you." jax sighed, "i guess it's time for us to be big kids now."

"yeah, now that i think about it, i miss mrs.che." hyunsoo spoke up, "we should go back."

"that's not how these things work, hyunnie." jian shook his head as they walked into home room, "it's time to start a new school."

the younger pouted at the response he got, looking at the desks and seeing other students. the boy grabbed onto jian's hand, holding tightly onto it. jian glanced over, "it's okay, hyunnie." the boy reassured the younger, "you're okay."

"i'm nervous." hyunsoo mumbled, looking up at jian, "i don't like first days."

"it's okay, i'm here." jian told the younger, going to the back of the classroom, "let's sit down."

hyunsoo nodded his head, taking a seat right next to jian. the group took seats in front of the two, talking to each other as they waited for the late bell to ring. as soon as the late bell rang, daehyun and his friends walked into the classroom.

"i'll just sit right here." daehyun smiled, taking a seat next to phan.

phan looked over, scrunching his face up, "who said i want you here?"

"it's so obvious." daehyun responded, "you looked at me when i first walked in."

"that's because you were late." phan shook his head.

"by like a second." daehyun crossed his arms, "it's not my fault that the bell likes to ring early."

kaui laughed at the elder, "you're so annoying, dae." he said as he sat down next to him.

"he truly is though." ryu agreed, sitting down by jax as minh sat on the other side of him.

"i am not." daehyun disagreed, "you guys are annoying."