144.

nobody's pov
november 15th
7:15 am

today was wednesday, and also the day that koji had to talk to dakota and tell her everything before akio would get himself involved. koji didn't know how exactly akio would get involved, maybe he'd meet up with him and steal his phone and send her a message, and the thought of seeing akio again really tempted him to back down— but he couldn't. he had to face it himself.

the boy was nervous while getting ready, not knowing how dakota would react. he hoped that she'd be forgiving, so that way it'd at least be somewhat be easier to tell hana; but he wasn't sure he deserved that forgiveness. while the boy was getting ready, he saw that akio had texted him. after throwing on his hoodie, koji went over to his bed and opened his messages.

messenger
texting: akio

akio:
remember, today's the day
you got this, koji :,)
don't stress yourself too much, okay?

koji:
i'm so nervous):
i wish you went to my school lol
things would be a lot easier with you there

akio:
i feel the same, but you can do this!
if you need me, you can text me
and if it's really urgent, just call me
i'll ditch class for you :)

koji:
you're so sweet aki
thank you so much<3
i'll keep you updated!
have a good day<333

akio:
have a good day as well my koko^ - ^
i'll text you later:)
read @ 7:18 a.m.

7:18 am

once koji saw the time, he realized he had to leave his house now so that way he could catch dakota coming off the bus. the boy quickly gathered his things, before rushing downstairs and putting on his shoes. koji then let his mother know that he was ready to head to school, as they then left the house and got into their car. during the entire car ride, the boy kept fidgeting with his fingers out of anxiety from today.

koji's mother saw the boy fidgeting, questioning what was wrong with him. "something on your mind, koji?" she asked.

"i just have a chemistry quiz." koji lied, "i'm nervous for how it'll go."

"you're a smart boy, my love." koji's mother reassured, "you'll be able to get a good score, so try not to stress yourself out so much."

koji smiled softly at his mother's words, before thanking her. even though he didn't have a chemistry quiz, it was still reassuring to hear his mother say that to him.

7:30 am

the boy had finally arrived at school, waving his mother goodbye as he got out of the car. the boy then walked over to the bus stop, with perfect timing as the bus had just arrived. koji waited by the bus stop, watching for dakota so that way he was able to talk to the girl before anyone got to her. the boy waited around three minutes, until he saw her come off the bus with her friend. the two then made eye contact, which had dakota quickly turn away.

dakota then tried rushing her friend out of the bus, as she grabbed onto her arm and quickly pulled her out. ivy then cursed at the girl, "asshole! you could've made me fall!" she said, once they were on the sidewalk.

"yeah, and i would've been the one you fell on." dakota pointed out, as she was going to come up with an excuse as to why she had rushed the younger, but she was quickly cut off by someone pulling on her backpack.