96.

nobody's pov
october 15th
4:00 pm

kaui had been over at leo's house, as they were studying together. the two boys were having an easy time solving their math packet together, which helped the boys in studying.

"and for number thirty, i got you're cute, what about you?" leo questioned the elder, smiling at him.

"i got you're cuter." kaui responded, "just one letter off, but that's okay."

the younger giggled at the boy, setting down his pencil, "really, you're cute."

"and you're not?" kaui gasped, "ay, listen, just because we finished the packet doesn't mean we can get distracted."

leo pouted at kaui's sentence, "we've worked through it together, helped each other, and reviewed all our answers." he said, "what more do you want from me?"

"anything but butterflies." kaui said, closing his textbook and getting up.

"oh, so you get butterflies when you're with me now?" leo questioned, a smirk on his face, "then have i ever told you how handsome you are?"

"literally stop, it's not funny." kaui whined, sitting down on leo's bed, right next to the younger.

leo looked over, smiling at the boy, "you know, i've thought about kissing you before." he confessed, "and i would so do it if we were dating."

the elder widened his eyes as he felt his face get hot, "holy shit." the boy mumbled.

leo started laughing at the reaction he got, laying on his back as he laughed. kaui just stared at the younger, as he tried to think of something to say. leo sat up, looking at kaui and his red face, which only made him laugh more, "i was kidding, partially." he confessed.

"it's not funny, i have no idea what to say." kaui glared, grabbing the boy's pillow and hitting him with it.

leo giggled at the boy, grabbing the pillow, "you've kissed ryu before, what's the difference with me?"

"i actually have feelings for you, dummy." the elder shook his head, "kissing ryu meant nothing, but kissing you would mean something."

"i thought i was someone you had a possible interest in?" leo raised an eyebrow, "you have feelings for me now?"

kaui rolled his eyes at the boy, laying down, "why do i tell you shit? it just feeds your ego massively."

the younger let out a laugh, as he then laid on top of kaui, resting his head on the boy's shoulder, "you know, you're the only person i've ever liked."

"you've never had a crush on anyone?" kaui questioned, wrapping his arms around the younger.

"nope." leo responded, popping the 'p', "which i've always thought was weird, because whenever people confessed to me i would try to feel the same back but i couldn't." he then looked up, "and then you swooped in and woosh, feelings!" he paused, "especially when you tripped during tag in elementary."

"literally not funny." the boy said, rolling his eyes, "though, you seem like you paid a lot of attention to me in elementary."

"that's because i did." leo laughed, "even though you always glared at me and gave me mean looks, i still paid attention to you."

kaui shook his head, "i did not like you for the fact that i liked you and thought you were cute."

"i know, you always were looking at me in a mean way, and i went, oh my god! a cute boy to crush on." the younger said, making the elder laugh.

"you should've talked to me sooner." kaui mentioned, "instead of waiting so long."

"i didn't know how." leo pouted, "i didn't want to say something and die from getting hit in the face with a basketball."