The Subsitute

[Shawns Outfit]

[Shawns Outfit]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shawn

I bump into someone making them drop their stuff. "Shit sorry" I crouch down and pick up the books and the binder. "Thanks" I look up and my breath hitches.

"H-Hi" she stutters and I smile. "Hi. I'm Shawn" I put out my hand and she shakes it. I stand up pulling her with me. "Grace" 

"Nice to meet you Grace. I'll see you around" I walk around her then stop. "Hey" I say looking back at her. She turns around and I walk towards her. "Can you sing?" I ask and she gives me a look.

"Glee club needs more people. Don't get me wrong we have enough members. I just mean people to talk to when Rachel sings another solo" I say making her laugh. "Yeah.. uh I can sing"

"Perfect. Meet me in the auditorium after school" I say with a smile. "Okay. I'll meet you there"

"Shake on it?" I put out my hand and she shakes it. "See you soon" I turn around and walk towards math. "What was that?" Santana asks and I pass her. "Nothing. I'm recuiting her for glee club" I say with a shrug.

I pull her chair out for her and she sits down. I did it once and it just became a habit. I sit down next to her and she looks over at me. "You've been recuiting a lot" she says and I shrug. "More people to distract me from Rachel's singing" 

I open my binder and take out a pencil. "So did you uh... do the homework?" she asks and I smile. "Always. Which ones do you need?"

"All of them" I chuckle and take out the paper. "Here you go beautiful" I put it infront of her and rest my head on the desk. "Thanks"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right, guys, um...Time to start thinking about song selections." Mr. Schue says and I raise my eyebrows. 

"Lookin' good, Puckerman. Someone's been eating their wheaties." Santana says and I roll my eyes. Please.. he has no muscle. "These guns are fully loaded."

"Mr. Shue? I, for one think we should use our set list for sectionals to start exploring the oeuvre of one Bernadette Peters." Rachel says and I roll my eyes... again. 

"Can I just say that Rachel that for such a small person you talk way too much" I mumble and Santana snickers. She pushes my shoulder and I poke her side. "Don't poke me"

"Don't shove me" I say poking her again. "You're such a jerk" she mumbles and I look over at her. "So I'm not coming over tonight?" 

"No. You're definetly coming over" she says gripping the bottom of my sweater. "Sweet" I take her hand and play with the ring on her finger. She starts talking to Brittany and I look up at Santana zoning out.