Chapter 7

Louis went to his computer as soon as he got home from the coffee shop, turning it on and petting Clifford as he waited for it to start up. If there was one thing he learned in his criminology class in college, it was how to stalk someone on the internet. He opened up a new tab and logged into the database he had gained access to through an anonymous friend, then typed in Harry's name and birthdate.

"Jackpot."

The page filled with thousands of results and he smiled to himself as he read through the information he already knew. Full name, date of birth, age, family history. It was all fairly basic and it wasn't until the third or fourth page that he reached the truly important stuff.

"Aha, employer."

He clicked on the small blue button and was brought to the homepage of a small preschool one town over.

"Of course. Doesn't seem like he forgot that part."

The address was easy to find and Louis wrote it down on a post-it. For research purposes, obviously.

The next page was social media. Harry had everything. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. Louis smiled when he saw what his username was for every one of them: hazza_curly_bear. He was so goddamn cute. It was ridiculous. He clicked on the link to his Instagram and his eyes widened in surprise when the page loaded.

"He's a fucking cam boy."

The page was full of faceless pictures, but Louis knew those love handles, those curves, even though they were covered up by tattoos. He was dressed up in all sorts of things. Booty shorts, crop tops, sometimes even lingerie. Louis felt his cock twitch in his pants and he cursed himself for still being so into this kid after all this time. He finished looking through the page and then flipped back to the original, frowning when he saw a second Instagram link.

"Well well well, what do we have here?"

The man clicked on the link and this time when the page loaded, his heart clenched.

At least every other one of the posts was with a man, a very attractive man. Louis's heart hoped for a second that it might just be a really good friend, but then he saw the pictures of them holding hands, kissing, and all other couple things that made Louis feel sick to his stomach. There were a few posts from anniversaries, one month, six months, one year, two years, three years, but Louis sighed in relief when he saw nothing about an engagement. As long as Harry wasn't legally committed he still had a chance.

He smiled when he saw a picture of Harry, Liam, Zayn, and Niall at the zoo, all of them pointing at a monkey's ass that was facing the camera, and even chuckled out loud when he saw one of Harry with Dusty clutched under his arm, her arms outstretched like she was begging for help. All of these pictures were much more family-friendly, no lingerie in sight, but Louis still thought Harry looked more beautiful than ever.

Louis tried to figure out who this guy was, flipping through every post to see if he was tagged, but he wasn't.

"Who the hell are you?"

He copied a picture from the page and pasted it into a different database, also provided by an anonymous friend. A few pages of results came in, but the first one gave Louis what he needed. A name. Thomas Colvin, aged twenty-eight, owner of the Paradise Inn franchise. Born in London, England, moved to Sheffield three years prior. Louis wondered to himself whether Harry actually liked this guy, because based on his information he seemed old and dry.

If Louis's math was correct, he was six years older than Harry, which Louis did not like one bit. He hoped the man didn't have plans for taking advantage of Harry's youth. From what it looked like, he seemed to have a clean record, but those rich people tended to be slippery, slimy things. He dug a little deeper, trying to find his socials, but his eyes widened in surprise when that section was empty.