Chapter 50

After Louis and Harry managed to whine their way out of a ticket for stopping in a work zone (Louis discovered that Harry had an amazing ability to cry on demand), they finished their drive to Louis's dad's house. Louis parked in the driveway and helped Harry out, then led him up to the front door with a tight hand on his waist.

"Lou, I'm nervous," Harry said, turning to look down at the older man. Louis kissed Harry's cheek and rubbed his hip soothingly.

"Don't be nervous, baby. They're going to love you." Louis rang the bell and stepped back, moving so that Harry was in front of him. He wrapped both arms around the man's waist and squeezed tight, placing a quick kiss on his neck before the door opened.

"Louis, good to see you, son. And who might this be?" Louis's dad gave Harry a welcoming smile and held a hand out for him to shake

"I'm Harry, sir. I've been told I met you a few years ago." Mark smiled and shook Harry's hand, then offered for the two to come inside.

"Ah, yes, Harry. I remember you. Louis was quite fond of you if my memory serves me correctly." Louis blushed as he led Harry through the house and into the living room, where the rest of the family was, all dressed in matching checkered pajamas.

Harry remembered four of the children, the two sets of twins, but he didn't recognize the tall brunette girl or the blonde boy she was sitting next to. Ernie and Doris squealed at the sight of Louis and raced toward him, jumping into his arms when they were close enough. Louis groaned when he lifted the two children up and twirled them around in a circle.

"Hello, my darlings! Merry Christmas!" Louis cheered as he nuzzled into Doris's cheek. Harry stood in the doorway and watched the adorable exchange with a smile on his face. Louis set the two children down and then enveloped his other siblings in a hug. "I know you all remember Harry, yes?" He asked as he pulled away from the hug and gestured to the man hovering in the doorway. The girls all nodded and Louis gestured for Harry to come a little closer. "Come here, love. I want you to meet Fizzy and her boyfriend, Cole."

Harry stepped forward and waved at the couple, allowing himself to be pulled down onto the couch next to Louis. Doris crawled into Louis's lap and curled into his chest, and Ernie did the same with Harry. The curly-haired lad startled a bit at how comfortable the young boy seemed with him, but then he relaxed and adjusted the boy so that he wouldn't fall off of his lap. Louis smiled knowingly at the way Harry gently maneuvered the small boy.

"So, girls, how has your Christmas been so far? Did Santa Claus bring you all of the gifts that you asked for?" Phoebe was the first to answer.

"Santa got me a new handbag and he got me tickets to see Dua Lipa! Isn't that so exciting, Lou?" The girl practically screamed. Louis tried to match her excitement even though he had been the one to purchase those concert tickets. His dad had picked out the handbag.

"That's wonderful, ducky. What about you, Daisy? What did Santa get for you?" Daisy held up a new leather coat and a pair of gogo boots.

"Santa really knows my style. I've been asking for these for ages." Louis knew, and that's why he had gotten those boots all of those months ago.

"Wow, I love them. Fizzy?" Felicite was the only one Louis hadn't chipped in on Santa presents for, so he really was curious about what she had gotten.

"I got new bedding for my dorm and an electric kettle." Louis nodded and pet his hand over the soft duvet cover.

"That's lovely, so soft. Did you two enjoy what you got from Santa?" He asked as he ruffled the twins' hair. Doris giggled and tucked her head into her older brother's chest. Ernie shrieked with laughter.