Chapter 14

When Harry got home from work, he threw his bag down on the floor and flopped down on the bed, burrowing his head into the pillows. He was so tired, and he felt horrible. What was he doing, flirting with Louis? He was in a serious relationship. He had a boyfriend, who he loved. Right? Did he actually love Thomas? Was that real love? Or was it just infatuation? Harry had never loved anyone before. At least, he didn't remember loving anyone. Had he loved Louis? Had he told Louis that he loved him?

"I need to get a fucking grip."

Harry stood up and walked to the kitchen, hoping that a steaming cup of tea would solve all of his problems. He set the tea kettle on the stove and turned it on, then hopped up on the counter next to the burner with a book.

Just as Harry was getting deep into his book, his phone pinged from his pocket, disturbing his focus. He pulled his phone out and saw that it was a call from a local number. He answered and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Haz? Hey, it's Louis."

"Oh, Louis. Hi. I didn't think you were going to call."

"Oh, well I did. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. So, did you figure out when you're available this weekend?"

"Well, I looked at my schedule and I'm pretty much free anytime except for Sunday from 9 to 11. I have a meeting with my manager."

"Okay. Maybe we could do Saturday morning?"

"Yeah, that sounds great. Um, do you want me to pick you up at your place?"

"You can pick me up at my brother's. I'm staying at his place on Friday."

"Okay, just text me his address. Anything else?"

"Um, yeah."

"Hit me."

"Did I...upset you? Earlier?"

"No, why would you think that?"

"No reason. You just sounded upset."

"I'm just tired. It's been a really long week and I haven't been sleeping well and my dad is pissed at me."

"Why is your dad pissed at you?"

"I haven't been the...best brother recently. I don't spend much time with my siblings."

"Oh. We don't have to hang out this weekend, you know. We can go another time and you can spend time with your family instead."

"No, I want to hang out with you. It's my problem. I'll deal with it on my own."

"Okay. I just don't want to get you in trouble."

"I'm 25 years old, Haz. I think I can handle getting in trouble with my dad."

"I'm 22 and I still can't deal with making my brother mad, and he didn't even raise me."

"Well, then you're too nice."

"Thank you."

"Look, Haz, I gotta go. Cliff is barking at me and I think he wants dinner. See you this weekend, yeah?"

"Yeah, bye."

Harry hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket, then poured some hot water into his mug. He set the mug down next to him on the counter and picked back up where he left off with his book, but he couldn't focus. Louis thought he was nice. Louis was going to pick him up. He was going to be alone, in a car, with Louis, and then he was going to go shopping with him. Shopping was intimate. Shopping meant dressing rooms and showing off outfits and asking for help to get something zipped. Or unzipped. Oh god. Harry laid his book down on the counter and put his head in his hands.