Chapter 33

Harry woke up late the next morning, his head pounding and his stomach rolling with the previous night's booze. He groaned and toppled out of bed before tucking his head into the bedside rubbish bin and hurling, his gags echoing in the sparsely decorated room.

    "Oh, fuck," Harry moaned when he pulled back from vomiting, spit covering his chin. He pushed his hair out of his eyes and leaned back against the bed, the bin still in his lap. "Liam!" He called, closing his eyes to shield himself from the blinding sunlight in the room. "Liam, help me!" A few grunts came from outside the door and then Liam shuffled in, dressed in a pair of blue boxers and an open robe.

    "What do you want?" Liam groaned, rubbing his hand across his face.

    "I need to get to the toilet. Now," Harry moaned, pulling his head out of the trash can. Liam sighed and grabbed Harry's arm. He pulled him to his feet and took him to the bathroom next to his room. Harry fell to his knees in front of the toilet and wretched as Liam watched from the doorway.

    "You spew on my floor and you clean it up, alright?" Harry just groaned in response. "I'm going to make some breakfast. You just...brush your teeth and wash your hands when you're done. And maybe wipe yourself off. You're covered in sick."

    Liam left the bathroom and went to the kitchen. He pulled out a carton of eggs and a bag of cheese from the fridge, then prepared a pan on the stove. He hummed as he cooked, flipping omelets and plating them with fresh fruits. Harry came in ten minutes later in a fresh pair of pajamas, holding his hand to the side of his head.

    "Smells good. And it also makes me want to throw up. What is it?" Harry sighed as he sat at the table, cradling his head in his hands. Liam placed a steaming cup of coffee and an omelet in front of him.

    "Omelet. Eat up, you'll need your strength for today."

    "Why?"

    "I'm dropping you at Thomas's. You need to talk to him about last night. He deserves to know the truth. And, if I'm being honest, I think you need to break up with him." Harry paused, his fork midway to his mouth. His mouth opened and closed as he stared at Liam, trying to find a response.

    "I can't break up with him. I just told him I cheated on him, I'm not going to tell him I cheated on him again and then dump him. I know I'm awful, but I'm not that awful."

    "You need to break it off with him, Harry. You told me he doesn't love you. Why stay in a relationship with someone who doesn't love you?"

    "He's my rock. He's the only thing certain in my life right now. He's where I go when my apartment is cold and you're not home."

    "That's not how a relationship should work, Harry. Do you ever actually spend time with him just to be with him, to be with your boyfriend?"

    "Every time I try to spend time with him, he wants to have sex. I don't want that."

    "Then break up with him." Harry sighed and rolled his eyes.

    "I'm leaving. I don't want to be here anymore." Harry stood from the table but Liam grabbed him and pushed him back into his chair.

    "No. You are not driving, not like this. You reek of booze and someone else's cologne. Finish eating and then take a shower. Then we'll talk about you leaving."

    Harry angrily finished his omelet and stood from the table, stomping off to the bathroom. Liam shook his head as he watched him go, taking his empty plate from the table. He washed Harry's plate and cup in the sink, then went to the living room to watch the news. A knock came at the door a few moments after Liam sat down and he sighed as he stood. He walked over to the door and opened it.