Chapter 30

Harry awoke in Liam's guest bedroom the next morning to the sounds of high-pitched moans and something banging against his wall. He groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

    "Hey, can you guys shut the fuck up! You already got her pregnant once, Liam, don't need to try again!" He yelled before dropping back down onto the bed and tucking his head under the pillow. The moans continued but the banging stopped and Harry cursed. It was so much worse without the noise of the headboard covering up Liam's grunting.

    Harry got out of bed and walked out of the room to the kitchen. He pulled down some coffee from the cabinet, trying to block out the sound of his brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law fucking, and whipped up a quick pot of coffee. As he was pouring himself a cup, Liam emerged from his bedroom, Marie in tow. They giggled as they walked into the kitchen, Marie's hand tight over her stomach.

    "Mornin', lovebirds" Harry said drily as he sipped his coffee. Liam smirked and pulled a mug down from the cabinet.

    "You know you didn't have to stay here, Harry. If you didn't want to hear the sounds of Marie and I's joyous lovemaking, you could have stayed in your own apartment."

    "She's already pregnant, I don't get why you need to fuck like rabbits all the time. Jesus, it's like that time I lived with Niall all over again. At least this time it's only one person instead of the hundred guys he had circulating through his bedroom." Liam's arm tightened around Marie at the sound of Niall's name.

    "How is Niall, anyway?" Marie asked, ignoring Liam's odd behavior.

    "He's good. I haven't seen him in a while. He's staying with his family right now but he'll be back in a few days, so I'll get to see him then. Liam probably sees Niall more than I do." Liam tensed and he sputtered.

    "W-What do you mean? Why would I be seeing Niall?"

    "I thought he said he worked at the same school you work at? Middle Grove, right?" Marie frowned and turned to look at Liam.

    "You don't work at a school." She looked back at Harry. "Liam doesn't work at a school, Haz. You must be confused. He's a-"

    "Marie, do you wanna go get that thing we got for Harry?" Liam interrupted, putting on a tight smile.

    "Uhm, okay." Marie gave Liam a look and left the room. Liam smiled at Harry and gestured for him to sit down at the table.

    "You said you work at Middle Grove Elementary School, Liam. Did you lie to me?" Liam took a deep breath.

    "Haz...I'm not a teacher. I don't work at a school."

    "What do you mean, Liam?"

    "I'm a firefighter." Harry closed his eyes and shook his head.

    "Liam, please tell me you're joking." Liam sighed.

    "I'm not joking, Harry. I'm a firefighter for the local fire department." It was a long while before Harry even opened his mouth. Liam waited patiently, knowing that Harry needed a moment to process what he had just heard.

    "You're...you're a firefighter. How long?"

    "About four years now. I started out as a volunteer and then after I graduated I became a full-time employee. I know it's a shock, but-"

    "Four years! Four fucking years of you lying to me! You asshole!"

Liam flinched as Harry rose from his chair, practically fuming. He stood to try to calm him down but Harry pushed him away.