Chapter 45

Louis and Harry packed their presents into Louis's car around five thirty and then went back into the house to get the food all set. Harry was anxious, hopping around the kitchen and trying to help Louis but only getting in the way, and Louis was losing his patience.

    "Baby, what's got you so excited?" He asked in an even tone, trying to hide his annoyance. Harry squealed and wrapped his arms around Louis from behind.

    "I get to see my Dusty baby!" He practically shouted in Louis's ear. Louis winced.

    "Can you please not shout, Haz? I've got more sensitive ears than you."

    "But I get to see my beautiful baby Dusty today, Lou," Harry whined. "How can I not shout about it?"

    "You can be excited, baby, but you'll have to lower your voice, okay? Don't need hearing loss before I'm thirty." Louis slapped Harry's bum and the younger man squeaked. "Why don't you wrap this fruit up in cellophane and then take it out to the car?" Harry nodded and took the bowl of fruit that Louis handed him.

    "I'm excited to see Zayn and Marley too. Haven't seen them in a long time. They're too busy getting ready for the baby." Louis turned to stare at Harry.

    "They're going to have a baby too? Jesus, you've got some horny friends, Haz. Who's next, Niall?" Harry giggled and shook his head.

    "Niall hates kids. Plus, last time I checked, he was still obsessing over Liam." Louis chuckled.

    "That was the oddest pairing, but for some reason, it worked. But Liam and Marie seem pretty good together."

    "Yeah, they're great. I think the whole pregnancy thing made Liam step up and really start to act like an adult."

    "He was always the dad in our group. Made sure that Zayn and I wouldn't get arrested when we did stupid shit."

    "What kinds of stupid shit were you doing?" Louis smirked.

    "Did I ever tell you about the time that Zayn and I took dumps in our high school principal's filing cabinet?" Harry gasped and shook his head.

    "No, you've never told me about this," He said with wide eyes. Louis checked the time on his phone.

    "Well, we gotta go, so I'll tell you in the car. Come on, take that fruit out and I'll be out in a moment with the rest."

    Harry and Louis made their way out to the car and Louis helped the younger man load their stuff into the backseat. Harry waited patiently as Louis opened his door for him and then got into the passenger seat while Louis made his way around to the other side of the car.

    "So, tell me this amazing story," Harry said once they were on their way to Zayn's house. Louis smiled.

    "Okay." He paused, trying to think of a good place to start. "Well, when Zayn and I were in high school, before we ever met Liam, we were what you might call pranksters. We were always stuffing people's lockers with dumb shit, releasing animals in the cafeteria, whatever. So, one day, we came up with this amazing plan to shit in our principal's filing cabinet."

    "Turn left here," Harry interjected and Louis paused his story, following Harry's directions.

    "Okay, so, we wanted to shit in his filing cabinet. Keep in mind, this guy was a complete asshole. Honestly, he was 'orrible. He was always throwing me and Zayn into detention and said that we were," He put on a posh accent. "Destined for failure. I swear, I would have shit in his filing cabinet a million times over if we hadn't gotten caught. He was a bad guy."