Chapter 69

"-and that's why we need to- Louis William Tomlinson, I swear, if you open your mouth one more fucking time I will tape it shut. I don't fucking care if your leg just fell off and you're bleeding out, so help me god let me finish what I'm saying," Louis's manager spit at him for what seemed to be the hundredth time in the last hour. He hadn't even tried to say anything, he had just opened his mouth to put in a piece of gum.

"I'm sor-"

"I said keep your fucking mouth shut, Tomlinson! I'm not in the mood to deal with your happy-go-lucky bullshit. If you don't remember, you're the reason we're all here at 9 o'clock on a Sunday morning." He gave Louis a glare before turning back to his head of PR. "So, as I was saying, we need to set up some pap-walks of Louis alone, and then we need to do a few of him with some guys, just to ensure the rest of the world that he's not married and that he still sleeps around. Then we can get to work on getting Louis out to all of the hottest clubs and bars, maybe post a few videos of him dancing with a couple of guys. Sound good?"

"Yes, of course, sir, I'll speak to some modeling agencies immediately to start looking for some prospective partners. What age range should we-"

"Woah woah woah, hold the fuck up!" Louis cut in. "Are you saying that to deal with this whole marriage thing you want me to cheat on Harry?" His manager rolled his eyes.

"The world doesn't know you're actually with Harry, so it's not cheating. Plus, you wouldn't be sleeping with any of these guys, it's all just for show. We just need people to know that you aren't settling down anytime soon."

"And what would be so wrong about people thinking that I've settled, since I have settled?"

"No one will want to listen to your music anymore if you're in a relationship. You're already losing listeners every month and your album sales have gone down almost twenty percent since the world heard about your little rendezvous in Paris. If this continues, your next album won't even make it to the bottom of the charts, and forget about being able to go on tour next year."

"So what? Do you think I actually want those kinds of people listening to my music? I mean, come on, my fans should want me to be happy, so if people don't like me being happy, then they don't really like me. I think this whole thing has just shown me who my true fans are and which ones are fake."

"You have no fucking clue what this business is about, Tomlinson. No other musician cares what their fans think about them because fans are not your friends. Stop acting like their opinions matter. They don't."

"Everything I have is because of my fans! I owe them everything and all you want to do is cheat them out of their fucking money!" Louis stood and slammed his hand against the table. "That's it! I'm fucking done with you and every other corporate fuck in this room." Louis took his coat off of the back of his chair and walked away.

"You walk out of this room and I will sue you for everything you own, Tomlinson!" Louis just flipped him the bird and left the conference room.

Louis stormed out of his management's offices, practically fuming, and he stomped to his car. He got into the driver's side and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He opened Twitter and drafted a choicely worded tweet, sending it out before he could second-guess himself.

Louis started the car and drove home as fast as he legally could, parking slanted in the driveway. He stopped for a second before he got out of the car, taking a second to breathe deeply. The last thing he wanted to do was go inside and let his anger out on Harry and the dogs. He needed to calm down, center himself before he went inside.

He finally got out of the car and walked up the front steps to the door. He could hear music coming from the kitchen and he smiled to himself, thinking about how happy Harry must be. He only listened to the radio on good days.

Louis opened the door and was greeted with the smell of warm chocolate chip cookies and fresh bread. He walked into the kitchen, expecting to find Harry standing at the counter, mixing up a batch of cookies or kneading bread dough, but instead, he saw Harry sitting at the table, phone in hand with tears on his cheeks.

"Baby?" Harry looked up.

"Y-you quit?" Louis sighed. He had seen the tweet. Of course he did, he always had Louis's notifications turned on because he still fangirled over every little bit of information about him.

"Baby, I know that you probably hate me right now, but I'm gonna find another label and then I'll finally get to make the music I want to make-" He was cut off by Harry's lips pressing against his own.

"I love you so much, Louis, and I don't care that your label is going to sue you because we'll be okay. It will all be okay because we'll have each other. I just want to be with you, Lou. Only you."

"I want to be with you too, baby."

"No, Louis. I want to be with you. Forever." Louis frowned when Harry pulled away and pulled a small box out of his pocket. "I was going to do this in France, but then, you know...everything happened. B-but I need to do this now or I'll never be able to do it." He got down on one knee, making Louis's eyes widen.

"Harry..."

"Louis William Tomlinson, I fell in love with you the moment you walked into my life. I don't even know if I would still be alive if you weren't here. You...you showed me what it's like to be truly loved and appreciated and I can not even begin to tell you how much you mean to me. You are the sun, the moon, and all that lies between, and no one could ever be as happy as I am when I'm with you. And so, I kneel here in front of you, asking that you will have me for the rest of your life, and that I will be able to call you mine until eternity. Louis Tomlinson, will you marry me?"

"Harry, I...I don't know what to say." Harry felt tears prick his eyes. "Um...yes! Yes, of course I'll marry you." Harry shrieked and jumped into Louis's arms.

"God, you have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that. You mean the world to me, Louis." Louis pulled back and took the ring from Harry, sliding it onto his left ring finger. "It's a perfect fit."

"I know. And now we need to get you a matching one."