Chapter 18

Louis and Harry were in the car, driving back to Louis's house. All of the windows were down and the crisp, early December air was whipping through their hair as they screamed along to the radio. Harry's hands were banging on the roof of the car and Louis's hands were tapping on the steering wheel, both of them looking at each other gleefully every few moments. The song changed to a slower, sadder one and Harry rolled his window up, finally feeling the chill in the air. Louis followed suit, turning the radio down and rolling his window up.

"Lou?" Harry said, turning to stare at the older man.

"Yeah?" Louis turned away from the road and met Harry's gaze.

"Today was a good day."

"Yeah, it was. I had a lot of fun."

"Me too. And now we're going to have more fun at your house."

"Yes, we will. Well, you'll have fun throwing away all of my clothes. I'll be having a nervous breakdown while you trash my whole closet."

"I promise I won't throw away anything important."

"But how will you know?"

"Oh, believe me, I'll know." Louis laughed and merged off of the highway, turning onto his street. He looked over when Harry gasped, the younger man's mouth open as he looked around the street.

"Like what you see?"

"This street is amazing. Look at all of the Christmas decorations! Look at that house! Oh my god, a dog!" Louis laughed and pulled into his driveway, parking and turning the car off. Harry slumped in his seat, a pout on his lips.

"What?"

"Your house isn't decorated. It's Christmastime and your house isn't even decorated. What are you, Satan?" Louis laughed and shook his head.

"You know, Haz, some people don't celebrate Christmas."

"Oh. Do you not celebrate it, then?" Louis shook his head.

"No, I just haven't had the time to put up any decorations."

"Do you want me to help you do that? I love decorating."

"I mean, if you want to. I just don't know when I'm home this week." Harry shrugged and opened the car door. He hopped out and ran up the stairs to the front door. Louis got out as well and followed him to the door.

"C'mon, Lou. Open up. I want to see what kind of disgust you're living in."

"Patience, little one."

"Did you just call me little one? I'm like, five feet taller than you."

"Shut up. You used to be shorter than me."

"Yeah, when I was, like, four."

"Shut your mouth."

Louis chuckled and pulled his key out of his pocket. He unlocked the door and before he could even turn the doorknob, Harry was slapping his hand away and opening the door. Harry pushed past Louis and stepped into the house, his eyes roaming the cluttered foyer. Louis's boots and Vans were all piled into a corner and his coats lay on the ground below the coat rack. Immediately, Harry went to work, picking the coats up and hanging them on the rack.

"Just wait a sec, Haz. Let me give you a tour and then you can start cleaning the place up."

Harry rolled his eyes but hung up the last coat and followed Louis deeper into the house. Harry looked at the blank walls as they walked down the hall, frowning.

"Why don't you have any photos on the walls?"

"I have pictures in the living room and my bedroom. I just don't have enough to put all over the house."