Chapter 34

"So, Haz, what the fuck is going on in your life? I leave you for a few weeks and you cheat on your boyfriend twice, reunite with Louis, and nearly get kicked out of your apartment? Gosh, I never realized how important I was in your life," Niall said as he led Harry into his apartment. Harry rolled his eyes and plopped down on Niall's bed.

    "The last thing was not my fault. My landlord is just a dick. The other stuff was just a...lapse of judgment. Don't worry, I'm not going crazy or anything."

    "Oh Haz, I don't know. I think you might be going crazy."

    "I'm not. Really. I've just been getting a little antsy lately. Thomas and I never do anything. It's boring."

    "Why don't you ever do anything? What's up?"

    "He...he won't let me bottom." Niall let out a loud snort and clapped a hand over his mouth. Harry frowned.

    "I'm sorry, you're telling me you're topping Thomas? How the fuck is that supposed to work?"

    "He has a small dick. Like, a really small dick. It's really bad. I can't even feel it. At least when I top I can feel something."

    "Then dump his ass. Sorry for being so blunt, but if he's not satisfying you then you need to find someone else. Louis was good, right? Maybe get with him."

    "I told you, just like I told Liam. Thomas and I have been together for three years. I can't dump him over something as meaningless as sex after three years."

    "Haz, sex isn't meaningless. Believe me, I should know. I've had tons of sex, and even the worst times meant something to me. You need to dump him."

    "I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's taken care of me for so long."

    "Dump him or I'll do it for you. He's an ass, just like all of my exes. Well, except for-" Niall cut himself off.

    "Except for who? As far as I know, every guy you've dated has been a jerk."

    "No one. Just someone I went out when you were...whatever. It doesn't matter. That relationship's over now, it's not like we would ever get back together." Harry leaned forward.

    "Tell me about him. He sounds like a prince." Niall chuckled and shook his head.

    "He's...he was amazing. A lot like you. Sweet, smart, beautiful. Always wanted what was best for me. And, he was a stripper, so he knew how to move his hips if you know what I mean." Niall waggled his eyebrows and Harry smacked his arm.

    "Gross. What else? Other than the sex stuff."

    "He was there for me when you fell. He held my hand the whole time. We broke up after you woke up, though. I wanted to spend more time with you and it was just...best that we separated."

    "You didn't have to break up on my account. I would have been okay with you having a boyfriend. I would have preferred it, even. You're happier when you're with someone long-term." Niall smiled and ducked his head.

    "I can't get back together with him. He's in a relationship now, has been for a while. I don't want to break that up." Niall looked solemn, so Harry took his hands in his own.

    "I'm going to find him and talk to him for you. Tell me who it is. I have my ways, maybe I can sway him." Niall shook his head.

    "You can't talk to him. We agreed that it was best we break up and I should have gotten over it by now. I shouldn't have brought it up, Liam's going to be so pissed- Shit." Niall smacked his hand on his forehead and Harry's eyes widened.

    "No," Harry practically gasped. Niall bit his lip and his face paled.

    "I'm sorry, Harry. We decided that it would be better for us to split when you woke up so that we wouldn't have to worry about our relationship stressing you out. We wanted what was best for you."

    "I'm not your fucking kid, Niall. You're not my parent. Why would you keep this from me? I wouldn't have been mad, but now, I'm pissed. How can I trust you if you kept something like this from me for five fucking years?"

    "I'm sorry. Liam said-"

    "You're your own person, Niall! You can make your own fucking decisions. Why are you only doing what Liam says?"

    "Because I still love him and I don't want to lose the one piece of him that I have!"

    "Y-You still love him?" Niall bowed his head and nodded.

    "Yes. I'm sorry, Haz. It was never meant to be like this. We were just supposed to forget about the whole thing, but I guess he's the only one who held up his end of the deal."

    "I guess I know why he always gets so flustered whenever I bring you up. And why you're both so awkward when you see each other. I'm sorry you ever thought you had to keep this from me. I promise I'm not mad."

    "It's not just that. We-We were all together when you fell." Harry nodded.

    "I know. We were at the mall."

    "Yes, but did Liam ever tell you why you were alone at the Yankee Candle?" Harry shook his head.

    "I just figured it was because you both wanted to shop at different stores than I did. We shop separately all the time."

    "No. Li and I, we-we kind of forced you to shop alone. It sounds so awful when I say it now, but Li and I wanted to be alone and we said you were in...in the way. We told you to go shop alone and we would see you when you were done." Harry's brows furrowed.

    "So you guys were..."

    "Yeah. We knew it was you when we heard all the commotion coming from the store. We got to you as fast as we could. I'm sorry. This is all my fault. If we hadn't left you alone you might not have-"

"Stop. You can't keep blaming this on yourself. This whole thing is no one's fault. I fell, and you can't change that." Niall smiled and pulled Harry into a hug.

"I love you so much, Harry. You're like a little brother to me and I will always take care of you." Harry burrowed into Niall's shoulder as he felt a few tears drip down his cheeks.

"I love you too, Ni." Niall pulled away from the hug and placed his hands on Harry's shoulders, squeezing them tight.

"You know you have to break up with him, right?" Harry nodded.

"I know."